X

Cush drive & hub size....................one size fits m

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cush drive & hub size....................one size fits m

After reading several posts, it seems that most cush drives are interchangeable regardless of rim size? Or so it seems.........
    Does anyone know for sure if an 89 GSXR1100 (17") will fit a rear rim from an 88 GSXR1100 (18")? Trying to do the 160 thing with my rear tire.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys.

ok well 88 and 89 gix 1100 both came with 17" wheels if you found an 18" wheel its from 85-87 gix 1100 and 750 you want the 88-89 gix rear wheel 750 and 88 1100 rear wheel only. it will accept the kat cush drive but the rotor and calipers need some mods thats why i said to find the bandit 400 wheels for the pre 98s its a direct bolt in no mods

Comment

might want to double-check the microfiche here www.bikebadit.com
      but it looks like they are different.

Comment

It's a match!!

FYI............. for you guys out there wanting a larger tire on your pre98 Kat. I just matched up a cush drive from a 98+ rear rim (17") with a rear rim from an '88 GSXR 1100 (18").It fits perfectly!!!! I will have to change the brake rotor, as it is a 5 bolt set up vs the 4 bolt set up on the pre 98 Kat. Once I put it all back together, I believe my only obstacle will be to mod the rear brake arm or calliper. ANY Advice would be MUCH appreciated from anybody that has had to make this modification. I have attached a few pictures just as a visual tool. Thanks guys.

Again, I welcome any advice from anyone that has had to mod the break arm or caliper.
        Attached Files

Comment

ok slim that looks liek a 17 inch wheel too me might wanna put a tape measure on it it may measure close to 18 out on the lip but thats a 17 inch gixxer wheel if ive ever seen one. the 18 inch gixxer wheels had spilt type spokes

Comment

The microfiche indicates that the rim for this year (1988) is 18", It clearly reads 18 on the lip..........guess we'll know for sure when i try to mount the 18" tire I just purchased.
            Attached Files

Comment

ok thats a new one on me never seen one, but why use a 18inch wheel your gonna havea harder time findin good rubber ??? also its alot taller tire how is that gonna effect the handing?? also once you get teh tire mounted and on will it clear the swingarm on a pre 98 i know its a pretty tight fit in there ???

Comment

Working...
              X