X

New from Upstate NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Upstate NY

Hi All, I bought my 1999 Katana 600 last year as my first bike. I have always liked the look of the Katana's and thought they were comfortable. I found this on craigslist for $1,500 and didn't have to do a thing to it. It came with a tank bag, touring bags and a cover. This bike has been a solid performer and have no regrets on my purchase.
    Attached Files

Welcome to KR!
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Nice find! Welcome to KR.

If you're mechanically inclined, there's a service manual available for download in the wiki. If you're not mechanically inclined, get it anyways. There's a lot you can do yourself that is really simple and will save you a ton of $$.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks for the the welcome and the info. I am mechanically incline and enjoy working on projects. So far I have changed the oil and replaced the rear brake pads and then used a power bleeder from harbor freight to bleed the front and rear, what a difference. The only other issue is my kickstand was dropping down just enough to kill the engine. I fixed it in the fall time, but need to look it over again. Is this a know problem on the Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by count View Post
          Thanks for the the welcome and the info. I am mechanically incline and enjoy working on projects. So far I have changed the oil and replaced the rear brake pads and then used a power bleeder from harbor freight to bleed the front and rear, what a difference. The only other issue is my kickstand was dropping down just enough to kill the engine. I fixed it in the fall time, but need to look it over again. Is this a know problem on the Katana?

Most times...

It's an abuse/wear issue for the kickstand. Repair/replace the washer used in the kickstand pivot bolt location to give the correct clearances there, and the springs will work properly.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome and congrats your bike its very nice if you like maintenance here you'll find all infos about Katanas I'm not american native so I have some difficults with english but I've done a lot of things just with help with users

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR. Thats a very clean looking Kat you've got.

Comment

Working...
                X