X

Rim problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim problem

I can't seem to get my rim off the front of my bike. I took out the little bolt that runs through the bottom of the fork that holds the pin that goes through the rim off. And i unbolted the bolt that goes through the rim but i still can't seem to get it off. Can someone plz help me. Is there a special trick to taking it off? I appreciate it alot
    Nathan

Are you saying you can't get the axel to slide out? if so place a pice of wood over the end and tap it with a hammer.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

i guess so the long pin that runs through the rotors and everything. But here's the things i unscrewed it as far as it will go but there is nowhere to hit it to get it out. I don't want to bend the forks either
      Nathan

Comment

Have you tryed holding up on the tire so it isn't binbing while you are trying to pull it out? Also try to tturn it as you are pulling it out. They can be a Bizatch to get out.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yea i have tried that but it still won't come off. It's really making me mad b/c i wanna ride. I have the new tire that i need but i also found out today that my rim is bent too. So i have to get that replaced. Any idea on how much that's gonna run me
          Nathan

Comment

I'd BET it's hanging-up because of the bleeder screws on the calpier . You'll probably wanna loosen the calipers and get them out of the way . I usually have to .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

IF you dont already have
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AirmanLively06
                ...but i also found out today that my rim is bent too. So i have to get that replaced. Any idea on how much that's gonna run me
                Used or new? Used, via eBay, anywhere from $25 to $125, depending on how many other people need a rim and what time the auction ends.
                Brand new, $325 - 375, depending on source.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I think BraadaJim has a front rim for a 98+. Not sure but send him a pm and find out.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Appreciation

Thanx for all the help. After the convo's yesterday i went and tried one last time and i got the rim off. Needless to say my rim is bent and isn't fixable.
                    Nathan

Comment

Re: Appreciation

Originally posted by AirmanLively06
                      Thanx for all the help. After the convo's yesterday i went and tried one last time and i got the rim off. Needless to say my rim is bent and isn't fixable.
                      If your rim is bent to the point of not being readily repairable, then your axle bolt and bearings will also be damaged. Replace them with new (not used) ones.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i'm not sure if it is readily repairable or not I am thinking about taking to a tire shop to see if they might be able to fix it . But i can only hope.. Thanks alot
                        Nathan

Comment

There are places you can send rims to be repaired , but the cost of that plus shipping , you should be able to pick up a used one somewhere for the same price or less . I believe it's about $100 to have a rim fixed .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                          X