X

Any other Katana-ish bikes out there?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Katana-ish bikes out there?

Hello, new to the forums, but thought this might be the best place to get the question I had answered. In September my 05 Kat (750) and I had a slight argument with a suburban so I am currently bikeless My leading contender for a replacement is still at Kat 750, but I want to look at some more options as well.

About the only thing I didn't love about the Katana was that the pegs were too far back for me and my hamstrings would start to cramp on longer rides (350-400 miles). I also wouldn't mind modernizing a bit. The tech in the Kat is solid, but older and my mechanic likes to complain about them So, in essence, I'm looking for a Katana with a slightly more relaxed riding position, any extra power or features are just bonuses. The only thing I've been able to find so far that fits the bill is the Triumph Sprint ST. Are there any other options that are similar? I've heard the bandit and SV-S thrown around but having ridden a friend's SV, and just looking at the bandit, I can't say I have any interest in either.

Any suggestions on other bikes to look at would be appreciated.

These are just a few of the bikes katriders move on to:
    ZRX1000, ZRX1100, ZRX1200, Daytona 600, Datona 675, Sprint ST, VFR, SV1000, Bandit 1200(1250), Hayabusa, ZX-14
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

if you are talking about the carburetors being dated, then I wouldn't suggest any bike that still uses them... like an 05 or newer Kawi ZZR600, though a great bike to move to from a Kat...

or if you insist on Fuel Injection...
        Honda CBR F4i

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I stand by my opinion that there is nothing else out there that does everything the Katana does while looking as good doing it.
          Originally posted by katanawarrior
          I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I have had the same consideration you have. I have been looking at the Triumph Sprint ST, Honda VFR and the Honda ST1300
              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I think what you're looking for is right here...

2005 ZX12R, comfort, SS bike looks, and SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ninja 650. Nice looking, as comfortable as the Kat, comparable performance, more modern. More comfortable on the street than an SV-650.

Comment

what about the gsfx 650?

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      I think what you're looking for is right here...

2005 ZX12R, comfort, SS bike looks, and SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
                      I'm probably buying a 2000 ZX12R this summer.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

I am a cheerleader for the Veefers, I am a bit biased though I have a 95 Honda VFR 750.

I had an 04 Kat 750 for awhile they are great bikes, I used to ride it from Ky-IL on long weekends.

I suggest a 5th Gen 98-01 Honda VFR 800 as they are as bullet proof as the Kats and are just as comfortable. They have linked brakes and fuel injection, plus they are pretty rare.

Comment

Check the sig - ZZR is a great bike to move from the Kat - light weight compared to the kat and a lot quicker stock

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                          if you are talking about the carburetors being dated, then I wouldn't suggest any bike that still uses them... like an 05 or newer Kawi ZZR600, though a great bike to move to from a Kat...

or if you insist on Fuel Injection...
                          Honda CBR F4i
                          Godspeed
                          CSBA #1167
                          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by zcphoto View Post
                            what about the gsfx 650?
                            I think that would be his best choice, the others is backache time

Comment

+1 on the kaws, I have a 01 zx6r which is the same bike as the 05-08 zzr and its much more nimble in the twisties and a very comfy ride on long journeys. The power and handling upgrade in night and day and the looks are better aswell IMOHO. just my 2 cents
                              95 suZuki katana
                              Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

Working...
                              X