No announcement yet.
X

Honda 919

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rode a 919. Very nice ride im just not into the naked bikes that much. I like to leave something to the imagination.
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Nice-looking ride. A small screen like BarMatt's would really set it off.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Nice looking bike
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

not sure which i like better the green or red......oh well they are both sweet rides.
          Godspeed
          CSBA #1167
          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by 600Kat4EB View Post
            not sure which i like better the green or red......oh well they are both sweet rides.
            i am totally biased...love the green.... with a name of matte uranium what isn't cool about that. many people walk up ask why i put honda on a kawi (i have had people out right tell me i am totally mistaken that my bike was a honda), my reply is only way to make a kawi reliable is paint a honda kawi green.

I have not seen another in person, with the exception of a red one going the other direction.

Plus the green was made for 1 year - 2004. I'd be happy with either, as from 2004 to 2007 they are exactly the same minus paint.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I've seen a few others but always when I'm in my truck. Have not seen another one while riding. Love the upright position except when it's windy out, then your neck gets a workout. I have a bad back so I had to go with an upright I'm short so I was still leaning over on the Kat so I knew I didn't want to do the SS bike thing. But everything is a trade off. This bike pulls strong down low and in the mid range but at the expense of high end superbike power I guess if you want strong torque and horsepower all through the rev range you gotta get a Busa or ZX14.
              SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
              Honda 919 Rider

Comment

my little fly screen works out great. it does the job for me, i am just at 6 feet tall. to bad they don't make it but a dude on wrist twisters make carbon fiber ones, so i might buy one of those. yeah the wind got to get use to, but don't really notice on the backroads any more. expecially try to keep it between the lines and at the speed limit given recent tickets.

the road head light doesn't screem sport bike. i do think i will go with a 599 head light only because of being dual beam.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I'm lookint at these headlights as an alternative http://www.barracudamoto.it/elenco.aspx?CAT=3 they are more sporty, one is kind of B King like and the other Z1000 like. Click the British flag in upper right corner to translate page. Prices are listed in Euros. I saw the carbon screen on wristtwisters but I want to get rid of the round headlight by this summer. There are some screens on the site as well.
                  Honda 919 Rider

Comment

Originally posted by smittyrock View Post
                    I'm lookint at these headlights as an alternative http://www.barracudamoto.it/elenco.aspx?CAT=3 they are more sporty, one is kind of B King like and the other Z1000 like. Click the British flag in upper right corner to translate page. Prices are listed in Euros. I saw the carbon screen on wristtwisters but I want to get rid of the round headlight by this summer. There are some screens on the site as well.

I was checking that out on the other site just tonight. i am not quite to sure on the headlight just yet. It amazingly puts out enough light with a silver star. Only immediate plans for the headlight is powder coat the trim ring black.

I would recommend the pair removal(only get your plates from semi gray) and the flapper mod!!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the 919. I had a 04' 919.....it was a great bike, I never should have sold it. Tons of torque, FI and great handling. One suggestion though....lose the "Mickey Mouse" mirrors!!! lol
                      Attached Files

Comment

was planning some mods but bought a 2008 grand prix and put the money into it instead adding aftermarket wheels, a grill and transplanting my stereo system from my truck. was going to get a new headlight and was thinking of maybe getting some bar end mirrors. that money would have been well spent on the bike but the wife can't stand bikes so she volunteered to "let" me hook up the car. told her we would have came out cheaper doing the bike but that's just how much she dislikes it.

nice mirrors Tom, the bike looks great in silver. you're right about the FI and torque, coming from the Kat all of the bikes I looked at had to have FI, I would not compromise on that. it's no fun when everyone else is ready to roll and you're still cranking or letting the bike warm up so it won't cut off when you take off. Can't say enough about the torque. Handles great.
                        Last edited by smittyrock; 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Honda 919 Rider

Comment

i like the looks of the 919 they have a 2007 new on the showroom for $6789 not bad just dont like the old school look of the front round headlight ,it should be bigger , i do like the the pipes for sure .. but the first choise would be a Z -1000 they are $8889 ..big differance in money ... any ways nice looking bike you got there
                          Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 05-10-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                            i like the looks of the 919 they have a 2007 new on the showroom for $6789 not bad just dont like the old school look of the front round headlight ,it should be bigger , i do like the the pipes for sure .. but the first choise would be a Z -1000 they are $8889 ..big differance in money ... any ways nice looking bike you got there
                            yeah i am not a huge fan of the round headlight, but i don't like any of the alternatives out there. I do wish it was the same headlight off the 599. Still round, but dual bulb. Though it looks like a cruiser in the front, so cops don't know what is coming at them, instead of picking up on it that it is a sport bike.

You should be able to get a way better price for a 2007 left over. They are the same bike from 2004-2007 with exception of paint. I have never riden a z1000, but it is a different bike. Got to wind it up into the higher revs. Just doesn't match my riding style. Huge debates back and forth of the better bike. the z does give you some greater wind protection, but if i was worried about that, would have got a cruiser with a huge windshield. I cannot stand the z at all because of the pipes it just absolutely kills it for me. I don't think they make the z1000 anymore either. The fz1k is a bike that many like, but it is a higher rev bike as well. Also the fz wasn't fi until recent years. Nothing in 2002 when the 9r was introduced had fuel injection in the same field.

now the new cb1000r if it would come to the usa, that would be one i'd get rid of my 9r for in a second.
                            Last edited by BarMatt80; 05-10-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X