X

Hayabusa boys come on in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 64dumptruck View Post
    Hate to jack the thread, but do you think i would fit onto a busa comfortably. 6,11 260lbs
    Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    6'11"?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

You have to be kidding me...are you a basketball player?
    I bet you've never heard that before.

Comment

How about a 2008 b-king the one bike shop - suzuki of hollywood had a one mo. Price of $7,999..thats a smoking deal if its true , a busa motor how cool now i called them and he said o.t.d. Is over $10,000

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
        How about a 2008 b-king the one bike shop - suzuki of hollywood had a one mo. Price of $7,999..
        They're dirt cheap *everywhere* because dealers can't shift them, if they have any (most aren't reordering any when they do managed to get them out the door).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          They're dirt cheap *everywhere* because dealers can't shift them, if they have any (most aren't reordering any when they do managed to get them out the door).

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Yup, the Honda dealer here in town has had one since it came out. It's still sitting on the floor.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Yup, the Honda dealer here in town has had one since it came out. It's still sitting on the floor.
            bc they are F-ING UGLY lol
            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
              bc they are F-ING UGLY lol
              It's not just F'ing ugly, it's badly conceived and executed...

I think it's a great bike with a design problem.

Naked bike capable of doing over 150 means massive neck pain... The final side-pods don't do it justice (they should have never been made, or they should have stuck to the prototype's design shape), the exhaust is wrong (too oversized with a tiny pipe in the center? should have been under-slung instead, or at least like the prototype's and not longer than the seat), and the styling is five years out of date (looked great at the prototype unveiling, not so great after the styling changes and six years of design improvements in the rest of the industry). The dash is the best thing, and the ignition location in the tank is cool (minimizes theft), but they should have put the buttons that are next to the key-slot in the tank on the handlebar control pods instead.

It was intended to appeal to the European's on-going desire for naked power-bikes, and be used as a starting platform for that, but Suzuki never wrapped their head around the concept well enough (minimize everything not absolutely necessary), nor the fact that the European design-trend for naked bikes tended to use cheap high-output [wrecked/used] donor bikes as the starting point (not brand new showroom bikes). Hell, they didn't even make the rear subframe out of steel tubing nor as a bolt-on unit, which is a critical choice for the European-naked-movement so they can modify the rear end (the exhausts' length & routing also plays havoc with that ability).

Not a bad bike to ride, but it lacks a good market in the USA, and because of the design ethos, won't sell the way they want it to in Europe either.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                It's not just F'ing ugly, it's badly conceived and executed...

I think it's a great bike with a design problem.

Naked bike capable of doing over 150 means massive neck pain... The final side-pods don't do it justice (they should have never been made, or they should have stuck to the prototype's design shape), the exhaust is wrong (too oversized with a tiny pipe in the center? should have been under-slung instead, or at least like the prototype's and not longer than the seat), and the styling is five years out of date (looked great at the prototype unveiling, not so great after the styling changes and six years of design improvements in the rest of the industry). The dash is the best thing, and the ignition location in the tank is cool (minimizes theft), but they should have put the buttons that are next to the key-slot in the tank on the handlebar control pods instead.

It was intended to appeal to the European's on-going desire for naked power-bikes, and be used as a starting platform for that, but Suzuki never wrapped their head around the concept well enough (minimize everything not absolutely necessary), nor the fact that the European design-trend for naked bikes tended to use cheap high-output [wrecked/used] donor bikes as the starting point (not brand new showroom bikes). Hell, they didn't even make the rear subframe out of steel tubing nor as a bolt-on unit, which is a critical choice for the European-naked-movement so they can modify the rear end (the exhausts' length & routing also plays havoc with that ability).

Not a bad bike to ride, but it lacks a good market in the USA, and because of the design ethos, won't sell the way they want it to in Europe either.
                Exactly. The B-King is the difference between looking good on paper and appealing to the masses. Wrong time for the wrong bike.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                X