No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki DR 650: Any thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own a DR 650 as well and love it! I put a custom shock on the rear and am running RaceTech emulators in the front with stock forks springs. I also have street tires on it. under 100mph, this thing will blow most sport bikes away!

Last time I was up at the Gap with it, my buddy with his CBR could not get away from me!
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
      I own a DR 650 as well and love it! I put a custom shock on the rear and am running RaceTech emulators in the front with stock forks springs. I also have street tires on it. under 100mph, this thing will blow most sport bikes away!

Last time I was up at the Gap with it, my buddy with his CBR could not get away from me!
      What tires are you runnin' now on the DR?

Comment

I rode the DR-Z 400 awhile back. That thing is lethal. I have a good amount of road bike experience, and some dirt experience with smaller bikes - 80's, 125's, 225-250 range, and the 400 will just flat walk. Beefy midrange, good highend, and a strong low-end make this bike almost stall proof. It is a little heavier then the TTR 225's I've road, but I like the added weight. Seems to make it a little less nervous off-road with good tires. On-road, it seems short winded compared to my SV but is definitely comfortable. That was one of the most fun rides I ever had on two wheels.
        Currently Riding:
        1995 Katana 600
        V&H Exhaust
        Jet Kit

SOLD
        2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
        1987 XV700 Bobber
        REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Working...
        X