No announcement yet.
X

Need help & don't know where to look.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinkos are what you put on a bike when you sell it. Get the good tires, they are all you got between you and pavement.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

UPDATE **** 4/3/2009

I took other person's advice and didn't go with Shinko tires, though the price is good and the driving I will do is in a way of stop and go. But safety first. You live once. Anyway, here is my next chose of tires:

Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 (V-Rated)

Front: 110/80 - 17 Front = $94.95
      Rear: 150/70 - 17 Rear = $114.95

Let me know what you guys think. If these are good and the price is right, then I will place an order right now.

Also, I will order a RK Chain and Sprocket kit from a bike shop they are charging $170 for it and i will have them do all the work to the bike. Though I can do everything my self. I'd rather have them look the bike over. It wasn't running right during late fall and early winter.

Comment

What bike do you have?

I found this link from another thread:

Not trying to be annoying and disagree with all your choices but if you can, get radial tires rather than bias ply. There are many other threads that explain why. I think you should be able to use a 120/70 on the front, I know its hard to find a 110/80 in radial because most manufacturers don't make them anymore.

Comment

I run Shinko 005 Advance radials. Over 4k on them, plus a track day.
          Not real sure why everyone thinks they aren't a good tire...probably because they haven't used them I suppose....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
            What bike do you have?

I found this link from another thread:

Not trying to be annoying and disagree with all your choices but if you can, get radial tires rather than bias ply. There are many other threads that explain why. I think you should be able to use a 120/70 on the front, I know its hard to find a 110/80 in radial because most manufacturers don't make them anymore.

I have a 1993 Katana 750. I was thinking if I could go with 120/70.

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            I run Shinko 005 Advance radials. Over 4k on them, plus a track day.
            Not real sure why everyone thinks they aren't a good tire...probably because they haven't used them I suppose....
            I don't know much about tires for bikes, but I can say 100% that this bike will not see any track. Unless I'm in a rush and need to make a like. This bike will cruise. Plus, I put only 3,000 mile in one riding year (April thru November). Let me know if I should go with Shinko 006. Thankx.
            Last edited by Konn750; 04-03-2009, 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Konn750 View Post
              I have a 1993 Katana 750. I was thinking if I could go with 120/70.

I don't know much about tires for bikes, but I can say 100% that this bike will not see any track. Unless I'm in a rush and need to make a like. This bike will cruise. Plus, I put only 3,000 mile in one riding year (April thru November). Let me know if I should go with Shinko 006. Thankx.
              you can do the 120/70 no problem. I don't have any input for you on the 006 line, but I really like my 005's. My riding season is about the same as yours as I'm in northern OH, and I mostly cruise with the occasional high-spirited weekend ride. The decision is ultimately yours as to what tire you want on your bike. For some, peace of mind from a 'brand name' is all it takes. I bought them because they were cheap and figured if they were really that bad I'd just pony up and buy the Pilot Powers I was originally looking at anyway. I'll probably buy another set of these when I need tires again.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I got my last 2 tires from www.solomotoparts.com. Metzler Z6 road techs are all I run they seem to last forever, although I'd run conti road attacks as well.

120/70zr-17 front
                150/70zr-17 rear
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

What do people think of these tires:

Continental Force-Sport Touring Radial

Comment

If you buy bias ply tires, I will come up there and poop in your chimney. Shinko radials > Bridgestone bias ply
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The Battlax is a crappy tire. I didn't realize how crappy it was until I rode on a Z6. To me decent tires and brakes are a better investment than almost ANYTHING else on the machine.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                      X