Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Front rims of an '05 vs '04 or earlier.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front rims of an '05 vs '04 or earlier.........

Got chrome rims sent to me for my 05 750. Backs went on fine but the fronts didn't work. The people I bought it from said its the right one, but maybe the '05 is different. So now they are buying a new 05 wheel and dipping it so they can send out to me. Does anyone know if the bearings hole is different, my dealer said it didn't fit cause holes on the rim were too big. Also holes didn't match up right. Just wondering. Here are the pics of the rim they sent. Center hole was too big, cause the bearing would go right through and the outer holes didn't match. Did '05 rims change?
    Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Yes , rims changed in there somewhere . Bummer . The hub is wider , and the discs are flat instead of "dished-out" like on the previous years .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks for the fyi md86. how do you know so much about all this stuff? your like the encyclepedia for katana maintenance and info
      Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Bearing sizes change from 15X42X13 to 17X40X12 between the '03 and '04 model years.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by seypea
          thanks for the fyi md86. how do you know so much about all this stuff? your like the encyclepedia for katana maintenance and info
          It's becoming my JOB to know ! I actually just recently learned that one myself a couple weeks ago .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X