X

Finally! photos after winter mods and rehab work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! photos after winter mods and rehab work

I finally had time to clean up the old 1100F and get some good photos. This past winter....LSL handlebar riser kit with braided SS line to manifold split on lower triple clamp, Bandit 1200 brake/clutch master cylinders for flatter bars (originals didn't work because of extreme reservoir tilt!), new levers (for fleabay Bandit master cylinders). Also, Gustafsen windshield +6" (electric up/down adjust works great with cleaning and fresh silicon lube), Por 15 tank coating, new battery, new Mettzler Lasertec rear tire, Renntech Luggage rack. Notice the third set of footpegs forward and lower. Nice for highway legs. I can put a full day on it now with zero back and knee pain! What an awesome bike

1991 GSX1100F

This bike has about 7500 miles on it now. I am in Kansas City, and looking for other Katana owners to ride with in the area??? Obviously, this near 20 year old bike was garaged for years and years before I got it. I hope you guys like the photo(s)! This thing gets comments!!!
    Slideshow:
    Handlebar Riser kit, new brake/clutch mastercylinders, lower footpegs, and new windshield. 19 year old Katana breathes new life!

Very Nice!!!
    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

reminds me of Mojoes bike. nice job shes chiney!
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

sweet! cleaned up good!

be careful with those "highway pegs" i see scraping in the future....
        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Hey thanks!!

Nice to have this bike appreciated by those who really know what they're looking at!!! Thanks. The right side footpeg is tucked in really tight, and the dragbolt on the main driver peg actually contacts first in a corner. Here is the bracket (all 1/4" steel plate) before I painted it:

The left side is different because I couldn't use the same bolts (kickstand mount is in the way). I replaced the triangular motormount and cut a hole in the lower cowling for a 1" pipe to poke through. Worked out well.

They fold up on both sides, so I can tuck them out of the way when I get to the curves! You can see the clearance in one of these photos with all three pegs in a row on the left, and the front tire is visible. No cornering clearance problem...

Slideshow: Left peg mounted

SORRY about the messy welds! The right peg mount was my first welding project. But I finally believe it... You can do anything you want too! Limits are mostly in your imagination.

Comment

that is one clean 1100!
            Chrome Project Part 1
            http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

she looks beautiful..nice job!
              2004 GSX750F

Comment

Sweet!
                Tejasandre

Comment

That is one beautiful looking katana. Makes me jealous!

Comment

Mostly stock

Well, the obvious non-stock items are handlebars and windshield, but otherwise it is pretty much OEM. Good starting material: it was a barnfind from snowy Fargo, ND, where there is not too much good weather for riding. The footpegs are pretty subtle addition. Uh, there are blue led lights inside the fairing that make an appearance at night. Sweet blue hue.

But after looking at some of the work of other members here, this is just a humble beginning! Chrome project is a good example! What an amazing accomplishment!

Any Kansas City area Katriders... feel free to contact! Season has really JUST begun!

Comment

Sweet nice and clean.
                      Will be posting pics of my 1100 soon now that she is back on the road after a full tear down and rebuild. Just need to add the decals and install the new fork springs.

I see your mirrors are a lot better than mine, think I might look into buying a set of 91's.

Tok

Comment

Sweet looking bike, you have done an awesome job
                        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

fork springs??

Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                          Sweet nice and clean.
                          Will be posting pics of my 1100 soon now that she is back on the road after a full tear down and rebuild. Just need to add the decals and install the new fork springs.

I see your mirrors are a lot better than mine, think I might look into buying a set of 91's.

Tok
                          I was looking for progressive springs but they don't list a set for the 89-95 1100F. Should I just cut PVC and stack it on top like we used to do when they got soft? Maybe one of the other Progressive springs fit? Are your new fork springs stock?

Comment

Originally posted by BRN8KID View Post
                            I was looking for progressive springs but they don't list a set for the 89-95 1100F. Should I just cut PVC and stack it on top like we used to do when they got soft? Maybe one of the other Progressive springs fit? Are your new fork springs stock?

No don't go with the spacers, the feedback on the bars is crap, I'm putting in a set of progressive springs from Hagon. I'll let you know what they feel like, but if they are anything like the ones I put in my 750 then I'll be very happy. I thought the forks were very much unchanged for most of the models 88 to 91, or am I mistaken?

Tok

Comment

Awesome job man! Beautiful motorcycle!

Comment

Working...
                              X