No announcement yet.
X

Project: From Nothin To Somethin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the fire may have been due to a fuel injection line comming apart at the plastic connector right behind the engine on the drivers side. Ford had a problem with that happening in the mid to late 80's on several car and truck models. I've seen several mid 80's trucks burn down due to that design flaw. Nice car, good luck with the bike.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Could have been that too, but It was actually the oil-feed line to the S/C. It blew of and sprayed oil on my header and POOF there goes a fire. I now keep two extinguishers in the car lol.

Ordered a couple things for the bike today; Two coil caps and a carb diaphragm cover as the one on 1 is cracked. Hopefully the frame, headlight (which is the score of the year at $45) gauge cluster and fairing stay bracket come by the end of the week.
      Last edited by 05GSXKat750; 03-31-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

It's gonna be like Christmas tmw when the UPS man shows up. I'm all smiles

Comment

Looking forward to the update tomorrow

Comment

car looks good and good luck with the bike and where in MI are you
            1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Definitely looking forward to another extensive rebuild to follow; good luck!
              In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
                Looking forward to the update tomorrow
                Thanks, me too lol. I just hope most if not all my stuff comes. Only thing that came today was the front fairing light.

Originally posted by Philskat View Post
                car looks good and good luck with the bike and where in MI are you

Thanks, I'm not too far from you. I'm in the Bloomfield area

Comment

Frame, gauges and a few other things came in. Pics to follow later as I'm out having a couple drinks with some friends.

Comment

New Gauges

Carb Diaphragm cover, 2 coil caps and a screw
                    Frame in Box
                    Started to take the bike apart at this point. Tank and seat removed.Rear view. I don't know why the new frame looks weird in this photo...bad angle?

Last edited by 05GSXKat750; 04-07-2010, 02:36 AM.

Comment

I think so lol. I wasn't expecting the frame to come yesterday to be honest. It came faster then some of the smaller items.

Comment

a little more progress for the day.

Comment

Funny how we call making a bike into a pile of parts.. Progress..

Comment

Gotta go backwards to go forward...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                              Funny how we call making a bike into a pile of parts.. Progress..
                              Lol, true'

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                              Gotta go backwards to go forward...

Agreed.

I hope to have the motor cleaned up and in the new frame tomorrow before I have to be at work. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X