X

plastics back from paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastics back from paint

Fairings and tank are back from paint today. Just ordered the powder for the wheels. Can not wait to get this all back together to start riding again. I've also got a brand new M4 exhaust and a Sportech black chrome windscreen sitting in the garage smiling at me. Tomorrow I'll be taking the front wheel off, already have the rear wheel off. Will start stripping and prepping the rims while I wait for the mailman to bring me some powder.

Does the Sportech windscreen have the same shape as the stock one or is it a little bit more sporty looking?

Thanks

Comment

How much for the paint job total?
      sigpic

Comment

look's good
        sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

yea yea i wanna hear the price of those sexy plastic parts!!!! i want, i want, i want!

Comment

yummm
            -2000 "750"

Comment

sweeeeeeet
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

me likey......
                Godspeed
                CSBA #1167
                Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

The price on that paint job must have been siiiiick!
                  Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

shiny!
                    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Nice color choice

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                        Does the Sportech windscreen have the same shape as the stock one or is it a little bit more sporty looking?

Thanks
                        Holding it over the stock windscreen it is the same shape, but it is a little bit flatter. I haven't taken the film off of the new windscreen but once I get it on the back I'll take an "after" pic and post it.

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
                        How much for the paint job total?
                        I dropped the pieces off at a local paint shop here in town. They only requested that I do all the disassembly. They charged me $600. With tax it was $649. I'm really happy with their work and REALLY happy with the price.

I've got gold powder on order so once that gets here I am going to coat the rims, a couple of the engine covers and the bezel that sits around the gas cap.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I'm really enjoying the process of personalizing this bike.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing that all put together. That's an awesome shade of blackness! I hope to get my plastics painting black at some point this year as well...

Good luck keeping that thing clean and dust free in New Mexico. I actually miss NM a lot, just don't miss the wind gusts and dusty everything!

Comment

Originally posted by ajsnow6234 View Post
                            I'm looking forward to seeing that all put together. That's an awesome shade of blackness! I hope to get my plastics painting black at some point this year as well...

Good luck keeping that thing clean and dust free in New Mexico. I actually miss NM a lot, just don't miss the wind gusts and dusty everything!
                            + 1 on seeing the finish
                            sigpic

Comment

aj, where were you in NM?

Comment

Working...
                              X