Windscreen Polish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Polish

Hi All,

Anyone know if there is a good plastic polish to remove scratches from a windscreen. My Kat is seeing a lot of riding and the windscreen needs to have some of the scratches removed as it's looking really foggy.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Mothers has a decent one. I've never used it on windscreen
    plastic, only tailights and headlights.
    'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Honda polish works well for me. It won't do much for really deep scratches, but little hairline scratches, it works great for me.

Comment

i used a natural orange oil degreaser to remove some sticker residue on my windshield and as a bonus the slight scratches became much less noticable
        i don't know the brand name but come monday i'll post it here...so long as i don't forget
        You're Welcome,
        - The Social Invalid

Comment

Plexus. I've used it on aircraft windscreens (plastic/lexan ones, not glass). It also works very well on motorcycle windscreens and helmet visors.
          ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
          Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

As a cleaner, plexus rocks. But as a scratch remover, I'd say go with 3M instead, or for really serious scratching, look for a plastic headlight restorer kit instead (but by the time you pay for a restorer kit & the effort, you might as well have replaced the windshield usually).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've used the Mothers and it works well depending on how deep the scratches are. I use Plexus on my whole bike, and it is an excellent cleaner/polish. It's also great for your helmet visor. I keep a small can and rags in my tank bag.
              Smooth is Fast

Comment

just note that many products don't actually remove the scratches, but just fills them in so they are not noticable.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I've found something called Meguiar's Plastix Polish. Anyone have experience with this product?
                  "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

get your hands on some of the stuff the air force uses to clean and repair their cockpit canopies it,ll look brand new

Comment

might be a good excuse to upgrade
                      You're Welcome,
                      - The Social Invalid

Comment

I say +1 with the Plexus. Before you purchase anything I will bring the Plexus with me on our next ride so you can try it. I like the stuff myself for the windscreen and the helmut. They sell it at Royal Distributing so if you like it I can pick you up a can after you try it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Guelph
                          I say +1 with the Plexus. Before you purchase anything I will bring the Plexus with me on our next ride so you can try it. I like the stuff myself for the windscreen and the helmut. They sell it at Royal Distributing so if you like it I can pick you up a can after you try it.

Steve
                          Thanks Steve. Hopefully, we'll get together this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                          X