No announcement yet.
X

ok...one more sneak peek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She really turned out awesome. You could park that thing on a showroom floor and it would fit right it.

Have you kept track of how many hours you've invested?
    Kyle

Comment

color looks good, i think a small graphic on the tank would make it better though. usually i dont like solid schemes it needs something to throw on the tank imho. but the color is great.
      03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
        That looks really nice. Are you planning on adding any graphics or stripes (maybe tapeworks) or just leaving it a solid color? Either way should look sharp in the end. Would love to see the finished product in the sunlight. Keep up the good work!
        to answer iwanndie as well.....yes, I will be adding something. I am not a fan of all one solid color either when it comes to full fairing bikes. I was thinking a black "suzuki" on the tank, and GS550EF on the side panels. just enough to break it up. I might add something to the lower fairings, but not sure yet. it did come with a "full floater suspension" sticker on the tail, so I might add that to the fairings.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
          I was thinking a black "suzuki" on the tank...
          THAT would be sweet! Plain black in block letters. Very subtle. Nice touch.

When I got my bike I replaced the Suzuki stickers on the tank because one side was more faded than the other, but I was lazy and just put it on top of te existing one. Gave it a kinda raised look. It would really be cool if you could make it raised about 1/8" and repainted the tank to have a monochromed look.

Just my .08 (inflation)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
            Originally posted by Mojoe
            I was thinking a black "suzuki" on the tank...
            THAT would be sweet! Plain black in block letters. Very subtle. Nice touch.

When I got my bike I replaced the Suzuki stickers on the tank because one side was more faded than the other, but I was lazy and just put it on top of te existing one. Gave it a kinda raised look. It would really be cool if you could make it raised about 1/8" and repainted the tank to have a monochromed look.

Just my .08 (inflation)
            I don't quite follow.....what do you mean by repaint the tank?

Comment

DO NOT paint your 1100 anything but SILVER!
              how dare you even contemplate it?

Comment

Looking very nice. I really like the color also. I was bored this afternoon, so I brightened the pictures so I could get a better sense of the actual look (hope you don't mind), may not be exact, but it helped a little. I also look forward to future pictures!

Comment

My two cents, for whatever it's worth in Canadian change:

Consider doing the text/logos (if you're not going decals) in the same paint with a bit more black or a darker blue added into the mix... Something that is a color harmonic to the original color rather than a full contrast color... I think it would look very tasteful.

Then again, I would have probably have wanted done it in the primer (black primer where the text is, white primer elsewhere)... But whadda I know, I'm not much of a painter (but I blame Florida -- I've painted enough in my day).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wow Mojoe, great job, she looks great.
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Yeah nice job. I wish I had the time and patience to try something like that.

Comment

WOW!!nice....

Comment

Your right Cyber, she's wicked young.

It looks like you got brand new rotors...is that true? Looks sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                            It looks like you got brand new rotors...is that true? Looks sweet.
                            those rotors are 23 years old.

Originally posted by Range
                            DO NOT paint your 1100 anything but SILVER!
                            how dare you even contemplate it?
                            if I paint it silver, it will look like all the other stock kats of that model. Agreed, there are not that many around, so the odds of me parking by one the same thing are low.

However....once it is painted, all the hard work is done. Like this 550 here in this post. I can remove all the body and have it painted a different color in a good day. painting a bike is cake.....nothing to it when you are equipped for it. It is all the prep work that takes time from scratch. 800 over the surface now and it is ready to spray. if I want to bring it back to stock, it will cost me a day of my time and $50 in paint....if that. half a pint of basecoat is more than enough once it is mixed. plus a pint of clear and 2 sheets of sandpaper.

Anyway.....I HATED SILVER! I had my 92 1100 all silver at one time....for about 5 weeks. The glare from the tank used to give me a headache.....literally. pure silver with 3 coats of clear was like a mirror. I painted it black after that.
                            so while I own and run the kat, it will be a color of my choosing. I can tell you this....it will be a color that makes people look.....and hopefully make them wonder what it is.

Comment

Quick chop of a kat in a mojoe blue
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                                Quick chop of a kat in a mojoe blue

well guess who's skillz just landed him some requests. I will be sending a few colors your way before long so you can use them there skills for me.
                                or better yet, pm the detail on that tools to use in ps to do it myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X