No announcement yet.
X

Spoked wheels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have seen big bikes with spokes and they look kool i have seen a 750 with 50 spoke wheels in blue which was in a ss mag

Comment

i like the look of spoke wheels. be interested to see how they look on a kat.

Comment

I guess this is kinda stemming from my "top performance" outlook. I perfer performance over bling. the 50 spoke wheels, yeah that BLING, I bet there was like 50K in chrome on that bike too. Was it one of those custom bikes that never leaves the garage?

Comment

Isn't the "streetfighter creed" function over form? Just wondering
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Looks? That's a personal decision. If you want looks then do whatever you like.
            If your talking performance DO NOT say that BMW uses spoke wheels. Pull your head out for just a second and take a look around. NO ONE has used laced up spoke wheels on any form of performance street bike in over a decade. That means LAST CENTURY.
            You may now put your head back up where it was.

Comment

I get so sick of you hypocritical fools..
              Y'all are on a Katana site crying about performance.??.
              Half the time y'all scream about how the Kat isn't a performance bike it's a sport tourer.. The other half you're telling people that this or that isn't up to the performance of the Kat.. And you switch back and forth just to prop up your misguided notions of whats right and wrong..
              Harley? More torque and spokes..
              Ducati Sport 1000 more torque and spokes. (oh plus it is a performance bike, is also worth a damn and was produced in the last few years..)
              BMW HP2? Almost twice the torque of the Kat..

The only people with their heads up their butts are the ones who are giving stick about the mod.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
                Looks? That's a personal decision. If you want looks then do whatever you like.
                If your talking performance DO NOT say that BMW uses spoke wheels. Pull your head out for just a second and take a look around. NO ONE has used laced up spoke wheels on any form of performance street bike in over a decade. That means LAST CENTURY.
                You may now put your head back up where it was.
                I was referencing the bmw gs because of the similar hp and torque numbers to a kat, as a rebutal to the
                The Katana has a good amount of torque. It will twist those spoke rims REAL fast.

Comment

I see things haven't changed much around here...

Comment

lol, but HOW WIDE of a tire can he put on the spoke wheels?

Comment

I think the more important question is what type of oil should he run

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

don't worry, I got a glass belly button, my head can stay up my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                          don't worry, I got a glass belly button, my head can stay up my butt.
                          A new definition to the term "peephole" eh?

Comment

Personally, I like the look of mag wheels over spoke wheels. Again, a personal choice. If, however, someone wants to try something, why deride them? OP asked for conversion info, not bashing of a decision.

My advice is to look at bikes that have a wheel/tire size identical as the Kat. Then, as Krelyn said, you'll have to match bearing size and hub width. Bearings can be custom made/bought so that won't be an issue. The biggest problem is making sure the hub is the same width as the Kat so that it fits in without having to modify the forks/swingarm. Of course, spacers can help there as well.
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

Thanks to those that answer with some good info (I'm just checking back now, I don't get here enough) I'll keep that in mind when I'm making some selections

I had seen spoked wheels on heavier and more powerful bikes than the Kat and they seem to work out just fine (given they're often v-twins that will deliver torque differently). Perhaps I should have said I don't do 7k clutch drops or track my bike (why would anyone track a Kat?) and perhaps I should have posted a picture of my bike to give an idea to the style apart from the usual Kat. So here you go

Comment

Machine age..
                                Very nice job on the front end..
                                In fact nice work over all..

Comment

Working...
                                X