X

Time is standing still. (long post)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time is standing still. (long post)

Why is it when you order parts and are waiting for them to get here time just all the sudden sits still? It is killing me.

It all started as putting new pads on the rear of the bike, noticed the pistons in the caliper had rust on them and no way they were going to budge. So I go to the local shop and order the piston set, and they had pads in stock(only because they are the same as the hayabusa). So i figured i would have them order my needle valves for my bike as well since the dyno guy said i needed them. Well they can't get them at teh dealer but i bought a set of 4 carb rebuild kits for a 92 gsxr750 and they are the same, when i bought them didn't know that at first, but this site backs it up. OH and if anyone needs new needle valves, you don't have to buy new floats for 50 bucks a pop. Needle Valves

Well i get home and take the rear caliper off the bike and then was going to check my front forks since they have been leaking from putting the seals in upside down. Seeing the fluid is so low, i head inside and hit up ronayers and bike bandit. added all my parts couple bucks difference in price, this is what i ended up with:

-racetech .9 kg/mm fork springs(for my weight they recommended 0.98 for the kat, but i didn't want something to stiff, should be great improvement over stock .63 kg/mm)
    -new antifriction metals
    -new fork seals
    -orings and copper washer at the bottom of the fork
    -basically everything except new dust covers for the forks.

-well i then noticed the leaking fluid ruined my front brakes........so i added.......

-EBC HH pads (front), the rear are stock
    -goodridge SS front and rear lines
    -rebuild kits for the front and rear master cylinders,
    -all new cables(throttle, clutch, choke)

so all in all should be a new bike when done, been gathering up parts to make the stand to support the front end like found here: FJR front stand
    and i found some pipe for a seal driver. so all should be a go.

I did notice one thing that the fittings on the front brake lines are different than stock, anyone have experience with these, any tips or tricks?

and of course as i submitted the order i forgot to order those little shields for the forks that i think the newer kats have to help with dust, bugs and rocks from hitting the forks. cyber suggested to me before, but didn't get them, anyone know info on these things?

thanks guys.[/url]

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Re: Time is standing still. (long post)

Originally posted by BarMatt80
    I did notice one thing that the fittings on the front brake lines are different than stock, anyone have experience with these, any tips or tricks?
    Goodridge has been shipping a wrong banjo bolt with their kits for some reason. Match theirs to yours to make sure the threads are the same, or reuse your own banjo bolt (but new crush washers).

Originally posted by BarMatt80
    and of course as i submitted the order i forgot to order those little shields for the forks that i think the newer kats have to help with dust, bugs and rocks from hitting the forks. cyber suggested to me before, but didn't get them, anyone know info on these things?
    I have 'em on mine now. Just look up the '04 Kat 600 forks and order the shields themselves. They aren't a perfect fit (there's a notch for them to catch on the 04+ forks that isn't there on the earlier forks), but will fit and stay. I keep meaning to add a little glue to mine to give them a bit more hold, but 800 miles later and they're still on and in place.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks cyber for the fork shield info. well the stock pre98 750 doesn't have a banjo fitting. it has this: see pic.

I think the ones i have seen on ebay just had two banjo's one one each end, i don't know if those are generic pics or what, but i guess that they will just have a bent banjo on it or something, but then again they might come like the stock setup. either way i'll post up pics for others that are wondering about this setup.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
      X