X

Kittykat fell over 2 day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kittykat fell over 2 day

Today I figured I would clean my chain @ 1200 mi. on my 2006 Kittykat. I took her out 4 a ride to warm up the chain on this beautiful day up here out on the Cape. Got her up on the centerstand , cleaned and waxed the chain and then gave her a good wash and wax, and was planning on having a great nite out on the town, but instead spent the early evening in the ER gettin 8 stiches in my leg ! What happened was I got her off the centerstand and then decided I wanted to add just a little more chain lube , so I went to rock her back up on it and thats when she took a tumble on the right side (me catching the center stand in the leg ). I picked the bike up off the grass right away, then figured id start her up the carbs did flood out. but I got the bike started pretty much right away, ran it for a couple of minutes, then had to tend to the bloody situation. My question is have I done anything to my carbs to screw them up ? Other than that a few minor scratches I'll have to color-rite them and buff them out. I am sooo pissed off that I have some small scratches allready. I am so anal when that crap happens.
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Now the first ones is out of the way. At least it wasn't concete. sorry to hear about your leg.
    http://www.geocities.com/kissarmymc/
    bikerfriend.org You get cool stickers for your cage

Comment

I like how he barely says anything about his leg, a true biker

and I can't think of any harm to the engine if you don't see anything broken
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

What you were not wearing your gear while doing maint :P , I glad you and the Kat are okay

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Man that fricking sucks a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
            I like how he barely says anything about his leg, a true biker
            I just said virtually the same thing to Sin who's here in my den... Guy needs 8 stitches, but has to make sure his bike starts again first... That's a real rider and one who will be for life. The bike's done got into his blood system.

Sorry about your mishap...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

sorry about your legs. At least the bike is ok. Most likely the scratches shouldn't be that bad
              06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

We are all alowed one free fall now don't do it again, stratches give the bike character, just be happy that the bike wasn't moving at the time.

Comment

I dropped mine in a similar fashion, pipe landed on my foot so no scratches to me or the bike.

Comment

I am stoked to report there were just minor scratches to the clear coat next to the indicator lite @ the fairing ! Went cruzin yesterday ! Little sore but not bad
                    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

glad to hear it was just 8 stitches instead of it impaling your leg. Dont worry about the scraches, it could have been ALOT worse.
                      You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

Working...
                      X