X

Bike fell over - now has terrible vibration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike fell over - now has terrible vibration

About 6 weeks ago My 90 kat picked up a screw in the tire while my girl and I were out ridin -
    parked it in the driveway and went inside and in 10 minutes she said your motorcycle fell over and when I picked it up lo and behold the back tire was flat - the usual other damage (mirror,blinker) I fixed the tire and all seemed ok but now I am getting a hand numbing vibration I never had before and it just seems to get worse.
    Any ideas on what the fall has knocked out of balance? Vibration is definitely coming from the motor and not the frame or tranny. It is even present when sitting still if I rev it a little ( no vibe at all till about 3300)
    I am preparing to set the valves and carbs and pray it helps - this was once a most pleasant ride but now it is like riding a chainsaw with a warped blade.
    Anybody else ever had this problem? Any good advice what is the cause?
    It runs too good, starts perfectly and just sometimes the vibe is not as noticeable but then it always comes back to aggravate me.
    Thanks

Check/replace your spark plugs when you adjust the valves.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I finally knocked my kat750 over after hitting a deer going 50-60. The deer ran right into the right front of my bike. It happened kinda fast but the deer cracked the right front fairing, and actually hit my front brake lever I believe causing the front wheel to lock up and the front end washed out. The bike laid down on the right side sliding about 60 feet and I went a tumbling roll down the road. Luckily I didnt slide cause I would have some seroius rash. Just beatup knees, hip,shoulders, and elbows luckily no broken bones. But I knoticed after I fired it back up and got it home that the handle bar end was loose. I dunno if this could be causing your vibration? Luckily suzuki designed the earlier kats with the fairings covering the engine side cases. Frame and engine I think are ok. The muffler, foot peg, handlebar end, mirror,windshield, plastic fairing, and the top of the master cyl. took most of the impact
      Last edited by waffenampt; 09-09-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Never thought about this happening as a problem. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
        X