Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Where the heck are these models in the USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the heck are these models in the USA?

Jumping around the various nation's sites for Suzuki and I came across these at the UK site. Unfortunately, I can't tell how many of them will be UK-only or Europe-only bundles that won't be offered in the USA in '09, just as they weren't in '08

Bandit 1250GT - bundles with lower fairing, 48 liter top-box, 2x35 liter side-bags, Garmin Zumo Satellite Navigation system with Suzuki-dedicated software, ABS.

V-Strom 1000GT (996cc) - bundles Centerstand, 48 liter top-box & 2x35 liter hard-sided luggage, plus heated grips.

V-Strom 650X (645cc) - bundles in alloy skid plate, engine bars, hand guards and a black adjustable-height screen. A real urban-warrior vehicle.

V-Strom 650A, Touring & GT (645cc) - all get ABS. Touring & GT gets the 48-liter top box, center stand, hand guards; GT model gets the 2x35 liter hard side bags as well.

GSR600 (599cc) - think naked GSXR600 with some styling flair from the BKing and reworked cams/fueling for more low & mid-range power. Plus it contains a chipped key, so you can't simply pick or by-pass the lock.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Last edited by The CyberPoet; 08-20-2008, 03:26 PM.
    Remember The CyberPoet

The US Bandit 1250 has the lowers and bags available but they really need to releaase it as a package. I have a buddy with a 2008 Bandit 1250 and he's having to hunt the net and ebay for the lower fairing and other ST gear to get his to that point. Suzuki is the last of the Japanese 4 without an ST bike in their line-up.
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKat View Post
      The US Bandit 1250 has the lowers and bags available but they really need to releaase it as a package. I have a buddy with a 2008 Bandit 1250 and he's having to hunt the net and ebay for the lower fairing and other ST gear to get his to that point. Suzuki is the last of the Japanese 4 without an ST bike in their line-up.
      He may want to hit up some Canadians... the Bandit 1250GT was offered in Canada as an '08 bundle as well.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Loving the Ban1250GT and the GSR600.....

That Ban looks like what I would need for the 'commuter' type riding a do (always wanting to carry leather jacket and rain suit) and on work days a laptop so plenty of storage and sharp looks is always a plus, and it;s only 6700pounds.....Geez that only like 8 or 9k US.....They would charge 12-13k for that at dealerships here.....

....ON the other hand I do like the streetfighter light GSR600, I bet that thing would be boat loads of fun since it's just the gixxer 600 motor in it...
        Last edited by whitecl0ver; 08-20-2008, 03:32 PM.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post

GSR600 (599cc) - think naked GSXR600 with some styling flair from the BKing and reworked cams/fueling for more low & mid-range power. Plus it contains a chipped key, so you can't simply pick or by-pass the lock.
          This is so funny because as I was in the shower this morning and was thing why the heck don't they make a bike on an light SS frame that has a less aggressive seating position and an engine tuned for low/mid range torque, I’d love to ride something like that. I’ll probably never take my bike to a track and don’t care if it runs 10’s or can brake lap times, I’d rather it have similar, perhaps toned down handling characteristics of an SS with a much more usable power curve.
          "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"

KatRider. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Uloset, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Comment

yep...dang ole honda won't import the cb1000r either. we surely do miss out on most of the unique an fun bikes.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

GSR600 (599cc)
              Thats nice!!!

Comment

MORE:

Team Rizla GP-Replica GSXR1K

New for '09: Suzuki announces the new Intruder C1800RT

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wow!!! Some very nice bikes there.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd like the GSR (esp if it's less $$ than GSXR to buy and to insure). A 750cc would be nice.
                    sigpic
                    Currant Toys...
                    '02 Suzuki GSX750F
                    '74 Yamaha MX360
                    '69 Camaro

Comment

Yamaha Tenere thumper.

Something to combat the KLR.

Aprilia Pegaso 650

ohhh, man...I wanna trailie soooo bad.
                      Last edited by squiggy; 08-20-2008, 08:55 PM.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                        Yamaha Tenere thumper. Aprilia Pegaso 650
                        ohhh, man...I wanna trailie soooo bad.
                        A real trailie like the Tenere or a fake one like the Pegaso (and the VStrom and the Kawak VerSys)?

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Althought that GSR 600 is really sweet, but I still like the Kat better!
                          sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                            the intruder new or redesign? as they have it in 2008 and one down at the local dealer....but sold as the boulevard c109rt

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

There was rumor to the Tiger Cub coming over. The Triumph Tiger, but with the 675 instead of the 1050.
                              I would love one of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X