X

Fuel Line Hookups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Line Hookups

This is for all the Pre98 Kat members who I know can answer this in their sleep. But I am kind of new to working on the bike.

Okay, I had a small leak from my petcock fuel line so I have it on order and it should be coming in today. But as I went out last night and looked at the bike, sitting apart in the garage. I couldn't remember exactly which lines go to which plugs in the tank/petcock. I have attached a pic of the tank and of the lines. I think I have it this way:

1 - A
    2 - B
    3 - D
    4 - E
    5 - Nothing
    6 - C

Is this correct. I am a not sure on C and D, but think I am correct on the others.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

1 = B
    2 = A
    3 = D
    4 = C Most Likely (vent hose, may be e)
    5 = nothing
    6 = E Most Likely (vent hose, may be c)

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

4, 5, and 6 are either overflows or vents... you can just leave 'em off if you wanted...

I would think... 1 goes to A and 2 goes to B. (If A is the forward line). They will only fit one way... and it doesn't matter which way they are connected anyhow...
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves

I would think... 1 goes to A and 2 goes to B.
        Correct. I just got done working on my bike and that is how it came apart when I took the tank off

Comment

A is the forward line, and 2 is the forward part of the petcock. The picture of the tank is upside down and facing the rear of the tank. The picture of the hoses is facing the front of the bike. Regardless, they will only go on one way.

Carry on.

Comment

Thanks to all. I got it all hooked up and running great on the first try.

It did all kind of just fit when I put the tank back on.

I love being back on the road, and not in my mini-van. Hey no laughing, I have four kids. You can't fit six in most cars now days.

Comment

Originally posted by katana_ron
              Thanks to all. I got it all hooked up and running great on the first try.

It did all kind of just fit when I put the tank back on.

I love being back on the road, and not in my mini-van. Hey no laughing, I have four kids. You can't fit six in most cars now days.

Oh wait, I have 4 kids too! Our minivan was a god send! There's nothing like automatic sliding doors to kick the kiddos in and out

Comment

just the post i was looking for
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

great post

this is just what i was lookin for thanx

Comment

here is what your looking for untitled.JPG

Comment

great post guys keep up the good work!!!
                      1990 Katana 750 +2 rear sprocket (the original) [SOLD!!!]
                      1990 katana 750 -1 front sprocket (the $300 parts bike that became the runner lol) [sold!!!!]

Comment

Quick question:
                        Why can you turn the knob of the "petcock?" both left and right?
                        Do they serve different functions besides 'on?'
                        Thanks in advance,
                        Chris
                        I invite you to church.

Comment

Originally posted by 600toStart View Post
                          Quick question:
                          Why can you turn the knob of the "petcock?" both left and right?
                          Do they serve different functions besides 'on?'
                          Thanks in advance,
                          Chris

Yes, yes they do...

Details here...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i hooked up the lines and still nothing huh maybe i'm doing something wrong
                            by night and day, we'll keep riding until one day.... we may pass away

Comment

Is your petcock flowing fuel when you turn it to pri?
                              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                              X