X

Rpm Hanging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpm Hanging

Ok well Ive had a Pre Kat for many years, finally decided to upgrade a little and got me a Post 99 Kat 750. Upon getting a slip on while waiting for headers I went ahead and put in a jet kit got me a FP kit just like i did on my Pre Kat just changed the needles clip in number 3, floats set at 14mm, A/F 2.5, now get it all back together and the Rpm's hang when i let go of the throttle for several seconds rode it up the street and back to warm it up and its still the same checked for air leaks NONE sprayed everywhere
    "The difficult Anytime, the 'Impossible' by appointment only!"

Vac leak, spray starting fluid around the boots, rpms will climb when you spray were the leak is, check the air box boots for proper fitment. Verify your clamps are tight.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Vac leak, spray starting fluid around the boots, rpms will climb when you spray were the leak is, check the air box boots for proper fitment. Verify your clamps are tight.
      I used an entire half can of starting fluid looking for leaks I couldnt find any

Comment

Check the caps on the carbs, diaphragms too.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Did you preform a carb sync after reinstalling?

Comment

+1, that would be a must do.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Did you preform a carb sync after reinstalling?

sure did arsenic with the same sticks i used on my pre

Comment

Vac leak, dirty pilot jets or low float level.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Hanging idle would point to a lean condition.

Comment

Hanging idle would point to a lean condition.
                    Whats stock float heigth?

Comment

Stock is 13mm +/- .5mm. The Factory Pro sheet specifically say 14mm. You're measuring the float heights with the floats tilted correct?

Comment

Stock is 13mm +/- .5mm. The Factory Pro sheet specifically say 14mm. You're measuring the float heights with the floats tilted correct?
                        yea the "Flop" but one thing i noticed the factory pro needles are quite a bit longer than the stock ones and when those little springs and plastic retainer is seated it puts alot of pressure on the needle and cocks it with the stock needles i can just drop the slides in but with the Factory pro needles i have to pull back on the needles as im inserting it so they will hit the E-tube

Comment

I have no idea, I've never come across that issue.

Comment

Something isn't right, they are just about the same length, just reshaped in the taper design.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

so this morning i decided to change my float level back to 13 and low and behold no more rpm hangs and the idle is right so going to change to 13.5 and see how she rides with the FP kit. i do remember my PRE Kat being stickler for float levels it wont run if it aint right just like the air box if it aint on, it aint right.

Another note 2 of my carbs the floats themselves were at different levels about 1mm difference between in the same carb so i went off the one that was lower in the bowl when i did them the other day i didnt check i just went on each top float in each carb should have checked both
                              Last edited by gulfwardoc; 04-20-2014, 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X