X

Scratching my head.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratching my head.

I have a 1994 600. When I first got her she had some problems, but I've done a good bit of work and now she's so much better.

However: She refuses to pull away cleanly from a traffic light. Bogs, hunts, splutters, stalls and (sometimes) idles rough.

This only happens when warm and on short journeys (to and from work). Did a 300 mile trip last week, no probs.

I've had the carbs off and cleaned them, done teh 2.5 turns setting, balanced them, new plugs, new oil and filter, plus I replaced one coil pack because it was breaking down when hot.

Common sense tells me to replace the other coil pack too, but I've noticed a ticking noise from (I think) the top end when cold. Is it something they all do or should I check the valve clearances first?

All advice welcome!
    Last edited by Ronny; 09-16-2013, 04:17 PM. Reason: Bloody hell, I don't know an A from an E! :-)
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

hows your air filter look? an spark plugs?

id get a new filter, sync your carbs, readjust idle....ride.

Also I know everyone says 2.5 turns on the a/f but you might wanna try closer to 2 turns. I had mine at 2.5 an it was ok but 2 turns works much better for me plus its better mpg.
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
    X