X

poor throttle control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor throttle control

I have a 93 750 kat. I rebuilt the carbs as per carbs 101. After that it ran "better" but still not well. i should mention the carbs were soaked sprayed and ran through with 125psi it also has a vance hines and uni stock type filter. The mixture was set to 2.00 turns. The bike now idles at 2500 no vacuum leaks i can find, it has poor response a small twist sends it off pretty high 4k and it slowly climbs back down. im out of ideas. sorry in advance to post another carb questions since there's so many

Originally posted by kk750 View Post
    I have a 93 750 kat. I rebuilt the carbs as per carbs 101. After that it ran "better" but still not well. i should mention the carbs were soaked sprayed and ran through with 125psi it also has a vance hines and uni stock type filter. The mixture was set to 2.00 turns. The bike now idles at 2500 no vacuum leaks i can find, it has poor response a small twist sends it off pretty high 4k and it slowly climbs back down. im out of ideas. sorry in advance to post another carb questions since there's so many
    re-adjust the a/f screws to 2.5 turns out. Sync the carbs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by kk750 View Post
      I have a 93 750 kat. I rebuilt the carbs as per carbs 101. After that it ran "better" but still not well. i should mention the carbs were soaked sprayed and ran through with 125psi it also has a vance hines and uni stock type filter The mixture was set to 2.00 turns. The bike now idles at 2500 no vacuum leaks i can find, it has poor response a small twist sends it off pretty high 4k and it slowly climbs back down. im out of ideas. sorry in advance to post another carb questions since there's so many
      Uni filter could also be creating the lean conditions

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick.Marq View Post
        Uni filter could also be creating the lean conditions
        Less likely if it's the paper version like OEM style... that's what he suggested it was.

Uni foam filter, that's a problem.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I didn't realize there was such a thing. Ignore me

Comment

It's a paper uni with a foam wrap. It ran stock carbs just fine until it sat for 2 years before I go it

Comment

Finally got the rebuild kits in the o rings I bought originally just didn't fit correctly. Had another cleaning session new rings and needles. 2.5 turns out. Now it runs great but it will not idle changed mixture to 2.75 after verifying there were no vac leaks. All the floats are with their tolerance of +\- 1 mm from 14.5

Comment

This might seem like a dumb suggestion, but might as start with the basics: have you tried adjusting the idle yet? I know several people who have had kids turn all the knobs and things, one of which was the idle screw. Next time the bike was started up, wouldn't idle worth a damn or was revving stupid high.
                Good luck!
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Tried all the basics such as idle adjustment. Ive kept messing with the a/f screws pretty much tried everything from 1 5/8 all the way to 3 turns out with no improvement in idle. (the carbs are synced) gonna try one size up on the pilot jets just cant think of anything else other than maybe raising the needles with spacers. unless someone can enlighten me...

Comment

Take the carbs back off and start from scratch following Carbs 101. When the carbs are clean and right, and there are no air leaks, it'll be fine.

Remember to check all the places you can have an air leak, like the drain hose on the airbox, and sync them well on reinstall. Check and double check the cables are in good condition and routed correctly.

I know it's frustrating. There's been bikes in the past that we had the carbs on and off several times before we found the culprit. Just because your carbs were clean and correct, doesn't mean they still are.
                    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X