X

Syncing Carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncing Carbs

Can you do this with the gas tank on prime? How else do you get the tank to work on, ON without the vacuum from carb 4? This is on a 06 600. The breather lines are plugged and I am running off of the prime setting, but cannot get them dialed in. I am using a motionpro sync

oh also. I was able to sync them but then realized my one hose clamp was loose, after tightening the clamp I cannot get them to sync
    Last edited by Sjorge3442; 06-27-2011, 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

You use an auxiliary fuel tank. You can't do it with the fuel tank on anyway.

Comment

I am using the fuel tank with it on PRIME is that ok? I have the tank higher than the windscreen next to the bike. I was just able to get all 4 carbs sync'd, but when I grab some throttle, it still only revs a little bit then drops down. Like i said. I had them sync'd with a loose airbox boot and it sounded great.

Comment

Yeah, you can do that just fine. As long as the floats are working like they should, you can leave it on prime forever.

Comment

Any idea why even when they are synced via the meter, I still can only get the bike tp rev up only 1000 more rpms.

Comment

I'm not the one doing it. So, if I ventured a guess, it would simply be a guess. I'll let others trouble shoot that that may have knowledge of this issue.

Comment

Did you clean the carbs??

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
                Did you clean the carbs??
                yeah they were fully disassembled and soaked in Berrymans. This is an on going problem I have been having with the bike and ive about had it. Like i said, I had the bike synced but then noticed the loose hose clamp so I tightened it, put the whole bike back together and it wouldnt rev again. When it was synced with the loose hose clamp, it sounds great!

Comment

Working...
                X