X

Bench Syncing Carbs HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Syncing Carbs HELP

I just pulled the carbs and cleaned everything. They are all back together and I am getting ready to bench sync them.
    Thing is I have NO idea what Carbs 101 is telling me to do. Specifically, what 3 holes am I looking for? When looking at the carbs, I only see 2 holes? One tiny one in the bottom right (i beleive), and one larger one in the top left. What Hole am I working off here? A little more detail would be awesome.
    Thanks Guys

"* Reinstall the idle adjuster cable until it just barely touches the starter tab of the carbs. Now look into the engine side of the carbs at the butterfly valves. (There are three small holes – familiarize yourself with them.) Look at carb # 3 and adjust the idle cable until the first small hole (towards the outside of the carbs) on the bottom of the carbs is HALF VISIBLE. Then adjust carb # 4 using its idle adjustment screw, (located from the top between the carbs – it’s on the arm that moves when you twist the throttle). Take this carb to the same point by only adjusting the screw. DO NOT adjust the cable any more – it is only for carb # 3 at this point. Next, adjust carb # 1 to WHATEVER carb # 2 is, so they are equal. Then, adjust carb # 2 to the same point as 3 & 4 (first hole half open). Once all four carbs are equal and at the same point, (HALF the first small hole showing open) you have visually synchronized your carbs! You are now ready to reinstall them in the bike and synchronize them exactly."

EDIT: FOUND THEM! Had to rotate the butterflies a little bit because they were hiding underneath em!

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeyZ; 12-16-2010, 12:19 PM.

Er, I'm not sure what you are trying to demonstrate with those pictures... but okie... glad you figured it out.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

you can also use a piece of wire as a feeler guage
      open the idle screw then close it so the butterfly just touches it. then set then all the same.
      done properly a bench test is usually within 1 cm on the actual sync tools and good enough.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
      X