X

Intake manifold gasket/o-rings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake manifold gasket/o-rings

Does anyone know of a commonly available o-ring size that will work for this ? I don't want to try to get it from a dealer even though they are cheap enough because no one ever has them in stock. I wanted to just go buy 4 of them locally and call it a day.

Additionally, I was looking at Granger just now, does anyone know what material is the best type to get ? Granger lists these types:
    Buna N (974)
    Viton (889)
    EPDM (370)
    Silicone (370)
    Buna (346)
    PTFE (157)
    Hytrel (102)
    Neoprene (74)
    FEP with Silicone Core (55)
    FEP with Viton Core (55)
    My bike: 1990 Katana GSX750-F

aslong as its heat and gas and oil resistant you should be fine but you have to be very very careful if you get one other than oem. to small and its pointless, to big and you could crack your intake boot during installation,
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
      aslong as its heat and gas and oil resistant you should be fine but you have to be very very careful if you get one other than oem. to small and its pointless, to big and you could crack your intake boot during installation,

I cracked one because I tried one from a o-ring kit that was close in size, but the wrong consistancy... instead of being soft, it was harder.. and didn't compress enough. Fortunately, the boot I used was an old one, and I had a new set coming anyways.

I would take an old one with you, to a local place and compare. Make sure they are the same size, thickness, and consistancy.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You'd want to buy the Viton ones. But i strongly recommend you just order them from www.bikebandit.com or a local stealership.

If you have a pre kat 600, the oring mesurements should be ID 39.7mm, WiDth 2.4mm. Which bike you got?
        For sale thread Album
        1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Its a 1990 750. As I understand it, the 600 and 750 use the same carbs. Thanks for the info !
          My bike: 1990 Katana GSX750-F

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeous View Post
            Its a 1990 750. As I understand it, the 600 and 750 use the same carbs. Thanks for the info !
            Similiar style carbs, but not the same carbs. There are variances between the CCs, and for some, the years.

Check the wiki and search for "carb specs" to see...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X