X

I tried out being a squid.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
    I wonder will he still 'love' here when her skin looks like hamburger meat?
    I question whether he 'loves' her now, letting her ride without any gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
      I don't understand why people don't wear gear for a short ride.

Does it hurt less when you go down within 5 miles of your house?
      Especially with the staggering statistics about accidents close to your house. That's where you drive most frequently, and could be slightly more complacent because "I'm almost home".

52% were involved in accidents within five miles from there home and 69% were involved in accidents within ten miles from their home. Only 17% of those polled experienced accidents beyond twenty miles from his or her home (Strillacci, 2002)
      from http://www.carinsurance.com/Articles/content31.aspx
      their home

The arguement could statistically be made, that it's ok to take your gear off once you get away from home.

I wear my gear, but I don't preach, it's your butt, do as you please with it.

Comment

Several years ago, when I was riding a Virago, I decided to take a short ride. I wore the fake-DOT brain bucket that came with the bike, mostly to see what it was like to ride with it on. Man, I was scared half to death! Never did that again, I can't imagine riding lid-less.

I tell people gear is cheaper than skin graphs, but I like your "hot pavement" remark, tmk79c.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by rydethis View Post
          There is no tube steak in the world that is worth me getting my a$$ rashed!!!
          quote of the month right there folks!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Hahahaha, Hell yeah! have to agree with Teddy! +1 Ryde.... Get'em baby!
            SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
            Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Know what you mean. It gets real hot here in VA, so I just bought a FieldSheer Hi-Flow II Mesh w / armor jacket in flourescent yellow and black. Cars see me much better and I hardly know it is there.
              What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

i just bought gloves and WOW it is much nicer. you dont relize what your missing untill youve had a pair! wont ride without them again. dont mean to thread jack but any quick suggestions for a first allaround jacket. i live in oregon so i accasionally get rain and the temp gets down to 30ish in winter but in summer it sometimes gets too 100 need a good all around sportry jacket!

Comment

What did Ryde say.....Perfect
                  sigpic

Comment

I tried once with just a t-shirt and a half helmet while I took my buddies bike for a test ride. It was so weird feeling the wind on my face. Freaked me the hell out.
                    Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Riding without gloves drives me insane.
                      All I can think of is looking at my hands and seeing hamburger after some idiot pulls out in front of me.

Originally posted by Mattsch18 View Post
                      i just bought gloves and WOW it is much nicer. you dont relize what your missing untill youve had a pair! wont ride without them again. dont mean to thread jack but any quick suggestions for a first allaround jacket. i live in oregon so i accasionally get rain and the temp gets down to 30ish in winter but in summer it sometimes gets too 100 need a good all around sportry jacket!

ironpony.com had motogp jackets with a removable liner, zippered vents and armor on clearance awhile ago.
                      Last edited by LAsunbird86; 01-27-2010, 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
                        I don't understand why people don't wear gear for a short ride.

Does it hurt less when you go down within 5 miles of your house?
                        You know that most accidents happen within a few miles from your home. If you go to the cormer store you should gear up like you're going on a long trip. I can't ride without full leathers, I just feel naked. I've tried riding through a town in N.H. without the helmet and that also felt to weird. Riding without gloves is like putting your hands on a belt sander that's going full tilt.Whats the first thing you do when you fall?.... put out your hands.
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                          You know that most accidents happen within a few miles from your home. If you go to the cormer store you should gear up like you're going on a long trip. I can't ride without full leathers, I just feel naked. I've tried riding through a town in N.H. without the helmet and that also felt to weird. Riding without gloves is like putting your hands on a belt sander that's going full tilt.Whats the first thing you do when you fall?.... put out your hands.

I have only ridden a couple of times with just a sweatshirt and I was so tense and self-conscience about EVERYTHING. My riding was affected, a lot.
                          sigpic

Comment

I used to ride without gear all the time, when I was a bit younger, saw a lot of friends go down, some of which never rode again. I wrecked my bike shortly after high school and decided to never ride without gear again. Two years ago I was taking my GF to work, I had just arrived home and she was on her way out the door, So I just hopped on the bike and off we went, me in slacks and a button up t-shirt, I dropped her off and as I was pulling out of the parking lot I threw out my back wheel and highsided, fractured both my wrists and tore up my hands andleg. It sucked. So now I gear up every time I go out. just a good idea.
                            Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

I've only tried this once, earlier this summer...
                              tshirt, shorts, sneakers, and sunglasses... and gloves.

took a 2 mile ride.

was the most intensely uncomfortable ride ever...

even in the big heat of summer, its at least a helmet, mesh jacket, jeans, boots and gloves.

See My Garage for mods...
                              T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                              Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

couldn't agree more if i don't have my gear i don't ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X