X

Stainless Steel Bars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Bars

I would like to know if someone here has what they would say is a more than normal amount of vibration in the handgrips. What I have been kicking around and have ordered the metal for is a replacement set of bars that will slip in the stock location and have a full 360 degree turning so you will not be locked into a few degrees of adjustment on your levers.

The set will be made out of solid 303 Stainless Rod 7/8" in diameter and have all the holes and threads that the stock version has. I have not weighed the stock vs the stainless in the same length but I would have to say that the stainless will be heavier by a large margin.

I am willing to make one set and give them to someone in exchange for some feedback on how well they work. Strength is not a issue I am concerned about and it will still be locked in by the bolt groove. I cannot cover shipping as they will be heavy and I am not making a dime on these.

So if anyone is up for a test session let me know and we can go from there. I will not be making these for at least another week as I have some other things we need to get done in the shop.

If you want these just for the wow factor please don't respond as I need someone that has a legit vibration problem.

Thanks!

Tmod

i dont have a vibe prob as far as i can tell but due to my carpel tunnel i do have cramping and such and went as far as putting gold wing grips on to try and help tho it might be the vibes cousing most of the discomfert would love to try your grips and see if they help out
    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Can always fill the bars with lead shot too to help get rid of some of that vibration.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have a serious vibration problem. To the point that my hand goes numb within about 20 minutes. However, we're dipping into freezing in the evenings in the next couple of days so I doubt I'll get much riding in.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Wouldn't it be wiser to fix the problem that is causing the vibration instead of masking it?

Comment

The adding of weight to the bars does fix the problem.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Exactly SweetLou. That's why I'm wondering why Brooder is having a "serious vibration problem" that even causes "numbness" after a short ride.

Comment

I have the same problem as brooder, I replaced the cupped Dunlops with new Z6's. I ran the valves to make sure they were right. I synched the carbs. I installed a jet kit and there is still a frequency that runs through the bars. I wouldn't call it a vibration as in Hog style vibration but it is still there.

So I guess my next step is the fix that isn't really a fix which is the bars themselves.

Tmod

Comment

ive had a few threads about my vibration at speed. Do you think they will affect that?
                  May the road rise up to meet you.
                  May the wind always be at your back.
                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                  and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                  And until we meet again,
                  May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                  RIP Marc

Comment

When I first bought my bike the right side, handlebar and peg, transmitted quite a bit of vibration on my 2001. So much so that both my right hand and foot would get numb in about an hour's time.

I was thinking that since the exhaust is on the right side, that it was causing the vibration issue. I had/have no problems on the left.

But now that I've install the Audiovox cruise control, I don't need to grip the throttle as much. With my foot, I reposition it every so often.
                    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Could be the way your body is sitting on the bars. Maybe a bearing? I dunno. Depends on how bad the vibration really is. When you put new tires on, did you throw new bearings in? I know these bikes can get a bit "Buzzy", but I nver noticed anything major. Maybe try a throttle miester to see if that helps since you won't have to hold the throttle so much, more of resting your hand than anything.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X