X

Lil preview of what im working on. Gsx-FR 600SV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil preview of what im working on. Gsx-FR 600SV

I've decided to mod my '90 Katana 600 after it got recovered from theft, this is my first bike and i just started the mod today so now keep in mind the pics are of only rough fit, i still need to get the rear subframe.
    i'm still waiting for the '05 gsxr rearsets to come in
    i got more parts for it but i cant remember right now

'04 Gsxr 750 Upper Fairing and headlight

'04 Suzuki Sv650 Tail Section, Still need to buy the subframe

Rf900 Swingarm and a Busa Wheel

'07 Gsxr Mirrors

This is just a rough mock up with the parts just laying over the old subframe

Shot with EX-Z70 at 2007-06-29

It's going to look good.

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

Comment

Man that is going to be awesome!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Wow, please keep us updated! That project looks like its going to be amazing.
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

So what are you plans for how to attach the new upper fairing?

Comment

If you are going to go through all that trouble why not get a new bike? Now don't get me wrong mods are great but not when they steal the identity of the bike. Thats like me, a black man, deciding after a car accident to get a white face, asian feet, and mexican hands. And after im done I win an award for black man of the month. Thats why I would never nominate or vote for a kat like that frankenkat. I like to see good looking katanas not something that used to be a katana. Plus why would you change the front of the kat, its the best looking part of the bike with those dual headlights.

Comment

Body work doesn't make a bike what it is, it's the mechanics of it.

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

Comment

Looks great! keep it up.
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Dude! Sweet!
                  Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                  18v Rigid Drill
                  Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                  New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Another Frankentana

Cool

That is a serious mod.
                    Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

nice I'm sure it's going to look bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by lhall002
                        If you are going to go through all that trouble why not get a new bike? Now don't get me wrong mods are great but not when they steal the identity of the bike. Thats like me, a black man, deciding after a car accident to get a white face, asian feet, and mexican hands. And after im done I win an award for black man of the month. Thats why I would never nominate or vote for a kat like that frankenkat. I like to see good looking katanas not something that used to be a katana. Plus why would you change the front of the kat, its the best looking part of the bike with those dual headlights.
                        not to take away from your post but the above statement is absurd.....I have less into my bike than a new one would cost and its 100% unique.

How are you going to run your subframe mounts? The only way I found was borrowing a fellow members idea of running them off the gas tank brace but then you cant use your stock airbox..Ive tried to think of a few other ways but I dont know how safe it would be, mine next to a stock kat

Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

BlackKatnWV wrote:

not to take away from your post but the above statement is absurd.....I have less into my bike than a new one would cost and its 100% unique.
                          So when does 100% unique translate into a good bike? If thats true how about putting a gsxr motor on a bicycle. I'd bet it would be unique as hell. But who in thier right mind would want it? The two bikes in your post are average at best (and thats being nice). Take a poll of 100 people with your wha-cha-ma-jig and any new sport bike and see how many people would choose it

Comment

Originally posted by lhall002
                            I like to see good looking katanas not something that used to be a katana. Plus why would you change the front of the kat, its the best looking part of the bike with those dual headlights.
                            If this is so true, why are you riding a gixxer now? Performance over-rules looks for you, right? Then why worry about his project? He has his bike, you have yours, the world will still be rotating when he's finished and the wheels on your gixxer will still go round and round no matter what he does to his bike. If you don't like it, move on. Sorry man, but I think it's just dam rude you posted up such negativity on a guys project is all.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Actually its in a bike buildoff competition against 10 other bikes and I am winning.......so take your smartass comments and keep them to yourself

While your at it you should gain some respect for those with more skill than you will probably ever posses. Good for you that you like to paint your bike and put an exhaust on it and think you have the best looking bike, but I bet if you put my bike against yours I would win no contest

As to the original poster of the thread, I cant wait to see it done man. Its a GREAT feeling to own something that people said couldnt be done or look good. I still get bashed for the way mine sits but all that matters is we like what we have.
                              Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
                              X