X

Dunlop GT501 or D205

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop GT501 or D205

i have a pre98 750 i need to know which tire is better?
    tire size is 150/70/17
    thank you

PS: great site cant say that enough

Why not go with the Metzler M1's or the pilot powers? You can run a 120/60 on the front and a 160/60 on the rear. These are the only 2 brands of tires you can fit on the pre 98 rims. They have more of a tapered in sidewall. It does not pinch the tire either. I mounted one of each in the last week. I have ran the 160/60 and 120/60 combo with no problems at all.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I THOUGHT the GT501 was more a touring tire . Better is subjective . What do you want it to be better at ? Longer-lasting ? More stick ? Better wet-weather performance ? Better price ? You'll hear several different opinions on what people think is "better" .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i want to stick but also to last a reasanable amount of time
        the reason i wanted to know about these tires is because i can get them for about $80

Comment

I have GT501's on the Kat right now....... Got almost 10K on the rear and its about bald...... front still has almost all its tread left...... My bro's getting it when I switch rims......
          '07 SV1000S
          Power Commander III USB
          M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
          Driven 520 chain kit
          Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

i have a new set of d205's front and back and no complaints. I have been able to lean the bike at speeds with no problem or fear of loosing grip. They take little longer to get hot, but i haven't had a problem, and over 1000 miles on the front and it still has those little rubber things sticking out on it from new. only thing is some people would not recommend the front because it has that center line, most recommend an off center line or none at all, i do notice it likes to pick up lines in the pavement if i am not carefull. but i would recommend them.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Although I generally don't like Dunlops, I will tell you specifically to avoid the GT501 on a Kat -- because they are bias tires rather than radials.

See my post in this thread on the GT501's:

My recommendation for your bike's tires remains the same as my post in that thread from April of last year.

Also suggest you read this long detailed post on Bias tires and all the reasons for bias being undesireable:

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X