Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

ok guys here we go. topic that is out there everywhere is helmet or no helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an accident once where I literally landed on my head on the pavement and bounced into a grassy ditch. The bike was totalled and there was a deep gash on the top of the helmet. There is NO way in hell I'd ride without a lid.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

As one who has been described by others as a "free spirit" more often than any other way, the choice of wearing or not wearing a helmet should be solely up to the rider. Just like the decision to commit or not commit suicide. I'm wearing mine every time. To quote The Table (Joseph) "ATGATT)"---all the gear all the time...
      Last edited by zuma; 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I go no helmet all the time. big ole scar on my head to prove it.
        (wear your helmet)
        nice one in the pic.
        Tejasandre

Comment

I find it horribly uncomfortable to ride without a helmet. Maybe I'm not repressed enough to need to "feel free"....
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

only takes 1mph to kill you without one!
            "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
            2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
              Average walking speed is ~3mph.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Problem is, a simple fall you could walk away from if wearing a helmet can make you a long-term burden to your loved ones and society if you were lidless - that is if you weren't lucky enough to be killed outright!

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                Actually - you don't even need to be moving to be killed! You're not alone out there!
                Last edited by TRPUT; 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by expvet View Post
                  Nothing sadder than permanent brain injury from a no helmet fall where you'd have to ask yourself for the rest of your life "Would I still have been injured this bad if I was wearing a helmet?" Riding is not a place to hope for the best, better to prepare for the worst.
                  HAH!!! If, in fact, you even have the capacity to ask that question.

Helmet...ALWAYS.

Comment

ride naked best there is.
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Not wearing a helmet is retarded. But 95% of the world is retarded so
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                        ride naked best there is.
                        Why, natcherly!!!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

i think its a big problem now days. where i live every rider i see never has a helmet on, and im not saying this to be funny i have never ever seen one damn person in my town wear a lid, and at 80,000 population thats bad.

Comment

with 7 billion people in the world and 38% of the earths non frozen land is needed to feed those *******s... i say go ahead and skip the lid and prove darwin right... but god forbid you raise my premium!

for my jacket and helmet are a second skin, i barely ever want to take it off!
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

I'll go with: wear it always

I know it saved my life
                              2002 GSXF 750

Comment

helmet...everytime....100%. the thing that's been getting me is i've ridden a couple times with my jacket on, but shorts....I think to myself that this must look so silly, so I've stopped doing that. lol, either jacket and pants, or neither. BUT ALWAYS HELMET
                                2001 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                                X