X

Pics of my '06 Katana after the crash Sunday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my '06 Katana after the crash Sunday

Headed out now to get my bike. I will post pics in about an hour of it.

I wanna just cry, I miss riding already!
    Last edited by 06katanarider; 09-14-2010, 11:14 PM.
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Here are a few pics that the others took after the crash. I really doesn't look that bad in pics, but pretty much every piece of Plastic is broken or cracked. All guages are busted. The rear is actually pushed up and over some also (BENT)
    My Cargo net is actually holding the entire tail piece together as it was broken in half and then broken in other places as well. I guess you can say that the cargo net is still working then, it holding stuff just fine!

Last edited by 06katanarider; 09-14-2010, 11:14 PM.
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

Wow. That is just sad man. I will check back in a few for the other pics.

Comment

I have the bike back at my house now, so I will take more pics tomorrow. I just wish the Ins. company would hurry and let me know what they were going to do about it.
        R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

Thats a shame bro. I love that paint scheme too.
          "0 to 60 in splat"

Comment

hmm ever fine the pipe and gauges an windscreen... it looks pretty bad in the pics yet again you got lucky man glad you ok
            time to nut up or shut up
            Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
            The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
              hmm ever fine the pipe and gauges an windscreen... it looks pretty bad in the pics yet again you got lucky man glad you ok

I do have the pipe (RS3) but its all dented up now
              R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

So what's the story? We need details! All of your limbs still in tact?

Comment

Wow, what happened man? Glad your ok. Are you going to rebuild or get a new bike?
                  -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                  -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                  -2008 Audi S5
                  -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

im glad youre safe bro...hope youre doing ok. that bike was beautiful. definitely a one of a kind amazing bike
                    '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

Comment

you know from the damage that i can see it looks like they may have it repaired.. minor damage really... broken fairings is all that really seems to be the issue.. so you may get lucky and they may fix it... of course you would have to repaint what they put on but better than haveing to but a new bike
                      time to nut up or shut up
                      Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I saw the bike in person his rear frame is tweaked real bad. I personally think insurance will end up totaling it.
                        Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                        Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                        2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                        1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                        2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                        1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

great used bikes are cheap ...

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
                            you know from the damage that i can see it looks like they may have it repaired.. minor damage really... broken fairings is all that really seems to be the issue.. so you may get lucky and they may fix it... of course you would have to repaint what they put on but better than haveing to but a new bike
                            I would love for them just to repair it, so i would have a bike still, but after looking up all OEM parts (not counting the labor) it is well over what I currently owe on the bike. Plus the paint job and all the aftermarrket items are covers also, up to $3K in which the paint alone ws going to run them $1.5K-$2K then the Yoshi RS3 Exhaust, so it is actually in THIER best interest to total it out. Also come of the monies owed on the bike is a GOLD CARD (for repairs) The company will pro-rate that and discount the Payoff as well

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                            I saw the bike in person his rear frame is tweaked real bad. I personally think insurance will end up totaling it.

Yeah, the frame is also tweaked by 1.5"-2" from what my buddy checked out anyways.

It's a gonner.........

Sad, but I WILL get another bike.

I want a ZX-10R, but may settle for a ZX-6R
                            Unless I can get a nice Kat again for cheap!

I loved my bike, and will miss it dearly. Lots of work into it, and lots learned on and from it
                            Last edited by 06katanarider; 09-18-2010, 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

ANY frame damaga and they total them.

My SECA II was dropped and a tab welded to the frame to hold the fairing on was bent and they totaled it.

Makes no sense
                              Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

Working...
                              X