X

1990 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 600

I recently bought a 1990 Katana 600. So far it has been OK riding it, but since I live in Wisconsin I only have a limited amount of time to ride before winter comes. I plan on swapping out the 600 for a B12 this winter and I also need to upgrade the suspension. I am going to use a DWI farm off of a GSXR, and wanted to know what I should use for a rear shock and what I should do to the front to handle the extra power. I am 6'5" so any info would be helpful.

Originally posted by Bwhit714 View Post
    I recently bought a 1990 Katana 600. So far it has been OK riding it, but since I live in Wisconsin I only have a limited amount of time to ride before winter comes. I plan on swapping out the 600 for a B12 this winter and I also need to upgrade the suspension. I am going to use a DWI farm off of a GSXR, and wanted to know what I should use for a rear shock and what I should do to the front to handle the extra power. I am 6'5" so any info would be helpful.
    Racetech springs and gold valve emulators for the front. B12 rear shock rebuilt, resprung, and shimmed to shorten the travel length slightly.

That should give you a 1.75" rear height increase which will greatly improve the handling characteristics of the bike (faster response and turns) with out making it unstable, and the new springs and proper valving will make it handle the road like a dream.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X