X

fogging shield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffer949 View Post
    The Rf1100 and all the Shoei helmets do not have a coating on the lense for anti fog. They use the pinlock shield system that you can buy from any Shoei Retailer which creates a double lense also.

And to you cheap skates that arent willing to spend 20 bucks to see clearly. Please stay off the road till its warmer so you dont smash into me or someone else cause you cant see them.
    Why spend 20 bucks to do something that it will only cost you 5 to do? Don't be hatin on people that won't buy your product....we can see just fine thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
      Why spend 20 bucks to do something that it will only cost you 5 to do? Don't be hatin on people that won't buy your product....we can see just fine thanks.
      +1 I've yet to have one of my helmets fog up on me while I'm moving. It takes me all of one second to lift my sheild at a stoplight and another second to put it back down when I'm on the go.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I know you guys want to save money and everything, and you are entitled to, it's your choice.
        But my helmet (Caberg Ego, brilliant helmet, not too expensive and I think rumoured to be coming to the US next year. It has a sun roof!) came with one of these pinlock systems fitted and I would definitely recommend it. Even when stopped in lovely British weather it does not fog up at all.

Although some people do have an issue with being able to see the edge of the insert, which can be distracting/impair vision. I have only ever noticed this myself when my helmet was not on properly (Front pointing down too far)

Originally posted by jeffer949 View Post
        The Rf1100 and all the Shoei helmets do not have a coating on the lense for anti fog. They use the pinlock shield system that you can buy from any Shoei Retailer which creates a double lense also.

And to you cheap skates that arent willing to spend 20 bucks to see clearly. Please stay off the road till its warmer so you dont smash into me or someone else cause you cant see them.

Comment

If you need to buy a product to keep your shield from fogging you're not doing it right.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Pinlock FTMFW.

A close second is the Respro Foggy. It redirects all your breathing down and out the bottom. It took me a few days to get used to it, but it does keep the shield from fogging.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            If you need to buy a product to keep your shield from fogging you're not doing it right.
            Not all of us ride exclusively in perfect conditions.
            Last edited by thetable; 11-28-2011, 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Lots of good input on this. I haven't had an issue with this since the first few posts.

I found the main reason I was having trouble had to do with smoke. Being a smoker, I used to just flip the shield, and fire up. Aparently the smoke was allowing it to fog. Cleaned the inside good and quit smoking with my helmet on, and the issue is gone.

Other than that, at quick stops, I breath down. Long stops, lift the lense. No need for me to spend money that's not needed.

Comment

OK, smoking with the helmet on is wrong in so many ways! It does the same thing to the inside of your car's windshield.

Glad you figured it out. Keep the inside of that shield as clean as you can.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

plastic safe made for biker shields and other lens's

here is official website http://www.zooke.com/
                  products may be found for cheeper 1/2 price of website on google shopping search http://tinyurl.com/6vjdgn4

also someone was asking about bugs on shield, just go into a restroom and run water over the shield then dry , what i do if im going to take a few min off the bike is wet some napkins and lay it onto my shield ( usaly take shield off, but napkins will stay on shield wile wet to keep on helmet) this softens those crispy critters up to wipe right off.
                  and also i wax my helmet with car wax...

Last edited by Malloc; 11-29-2011, 07:19 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                    Bullcrap. My helmet has a little flap under my chin to keep my chin warm. Breathing downward doesn't help.

I've tried Scott's Anti Fog so far and it doesn't work that well. THey say more applications make it work better so I'm gonna try that. As far as RainX goes, doesn't it say on the bottle not to use it on plastics?
                    Breathing down doesn't help because of the flap below your chin. Take the chinflap out and use a lagre collar with insulated windbarrier. Your warm breath will be drawn out at the bottom of your helmet and doesn't fog up your visor. This way you only have to open up your visor when you're at low speeds. Once over 40 m/h you can close your visor.
                    I never used any anti-fog products or visors so I can't comment on that.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

I am recently returning to the world of motorcycles, but when I rode in college (a decade ago) I also was a heavy snowboarder. I used cat crap (then it was marketed for snow goggles) on the inside of my face shield. It's a little red container. Stuff worked extremely well, don't recall fogging issues at a standstill, however I believe I would have to re-apply weekly. Stuff is no joke and if I recall correctly fairly cheap. This thread reminded me of it. Gonna go buy some next chance I get.

edit:

looks like you can get it for $5 at most outdoor stores

looks like it is starting to catch on. here is a review-
                      Last edited by chukrad; 12-20-2011, 12:08 AM. Reason: update info

Comment

Working...
                      X