X

heal guards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heal guards

i'm thinking about making my own fiberglass heal guards cause i hate that stock steel guards . the main thing is i want to know if its a good idea or not and if any one has any tips on makeing them please share, even if i can use guards off another type of bike anything but the stock katana's . cause i want them on but i took them off so now i've been riding with out them.
    thanks

My main concern would be would it just be the guard area itself or the whole assembly. Thats a lot of weight to put on fiberglass.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

It's a good idea if you're looking to personalize your bike. First, don't let anyone tell you it's not. Second...no real second. I know it's been done with carbon fiber. I would think if you're just replacing the guard then fiberglass would work fine. Some other options would be to get aluminum and make you're own design to replace the stock (that's my plan once I get a place to work).
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

It never hurts to try and you might end up with something you really like. Myself, I want to fab some out of metal and have em PCd. My bro-in-law is a welder/fabricator, but lives in Reno. Hopefully we can mock something up when they come down for thanksgiving.

Good luck and let us know what you do and how it comes out.
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
        X