Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What kind of gas do you use in your bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya...let's move on for sure. this "debate" is totally tasteless and kinda childish really. I apologize for me smart-ass remark. I blame the weather....4 days of rain and no riding is making me irritable...lol.

now...about the gas mileage. my tank holds 5 gallons I do believe. the mileage I get can vary drastically. If I avoid the redline shifting and quick starts...and ride within the speed limits, I can do 300-350kms on a tank. that is about 60-70kms per gallon....or 35-40mpg.
    If I really come onto it.....that drops significantly. My worst has been 5 gallons for a 120km run from my place to Montreal. That is 72 miles. That is right around 15mpg....which is quite a bit less then half of my best mileage. mind you, this is travelling at 100-120mph on open hwy.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Sounds like I'm getting about the right amount then. I do live in Orlando which is a lot of stop and go traffic. That on top of, anytime I can get on a straight away or something I do gun it which kills a bit more of my mpg/kpg. All that stop and go really makes ya antsy to unleash. Course I usually let off at speed limit, but gun it all the way till. Love the power. Specially after being couped up in my cage forever cuz of rain or what not. Good to know.

Comment

I just did a fill-up on my 2000 Kat750.
        47/MPG
        But most of my riding is high speed strait highway riding..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

The cheap stuff with some additives...
          Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
            .....But most of my riding is high speed strait highway riding..
            Lucky

Comment

use 93, every once in a while to clean her out ill get the 100 oct out of the pump at sunoco. but very expensive. runs real smooth but my pocket feels the heat
              Actually, running higher octane in a motor that does not need it will CREATE more deposits since it burns slower and less efficiently, which is why it is used in higher compression motors in order to avoid detonation. You will burn cleaner using less octane.
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

And there ya have it. Knowing is half the battle. Nice info Meanstrk.

Comment

Prices

We here in aussie are about to hit 1.50 australian per litre owwie. My two cents worth I throw ten dollars of high octane with additives every 5 fills to clean it out. I feel it makes a difference and improves idle etc between servicing.

Just my opinion. Otherwise 91 which is the lowest octane available (88 actual I understand)
                  1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
                  1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
                  2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

This thread actually covers all the technical aspects of octane and how it affects the engine, power, performance, etc. for your Kat, including under what particular combination of circumstances you have to run higher octane (premium) fuels in a Kat:

What Octane Fuel Do You Use? (thread 5574)

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X