Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Any way a GSXR 750 body panels/fairings will fit on a KAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way a GSXR 750 body panels/fairings will fit on a KAT?

Both the same year..?

I really like the 2005 750 gsxr fariing and body panels as well as the color scheme...

i know they are similar and the back would not really work, but wondered if anyone had tried it?

jC

Being an inline four, the width should be fairly close but you may run into a few issues.

One, the side rails of the kat frame may stick out too far and hit the gsxr mids. A little trimming would fix that problem.

Two, obviously the headlight from the gsxr must be used (or custom lights). That means a custom birdcage/headlight bracket would likely need to be made.

Third, you would need to make small brackets for all the mounting point as I can almost say for certain that the fairing mounting holes wont line up..

Four, you may have a weird gap between the tank and the fairings sionce the katana fairings meet up with the lower edge of the tank and the gsxr fairings do not. Might look funny, might be ok, might need to make a fiberglass filler panel.

So all in all, not horrible, but not a simple bolt on. Never seen it done, you get the honor of bewing the first if you're so inclined

Comment

why not just get a gixxer?

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
        Maybe he wants the styling of the new gsxr with the COMFORT of the katana

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
          Originally posted by katana bob
          Exactly!!!

I do like the sharper angles and the agressive styling, but unwilling to give up the comfort and the insurance rating and 3000 price increase.

just thought I would ask..

JC

Comment

Older Katanas had sharper angles and were FASTER , too ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Older Katanas had sharper angles and were FASTER , too ....
              Find ME one...I've been looking for an 80-82 1000 or 1100

Comment

Sorry , can't help ya . There WAS one for sale up near Mojoe .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                  sounds like it's easier putting the katana comfort into a gsxr (say with a raised fork and custom seat) than to put gsxr styling into a kat. or... just get a gsf500.

Comment

It's do-able...but a lot of work.
                    --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                    --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

Working...
                    X