INSTALLING LARGER ENGINES in Kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep same engine (on the outside)

Comment

• just seems like the 1127 and 1200 are hard to find and expensive. i think im going to look into a late model kat750 and punch/stroke it.

Comment

• Im about to join the big boy league YAY! Picked up my 1127 today
        Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

• Big boy? hmzzzz 1371cc overhere, that's big

Just kiddin bro.

Congrats and welcome to the Frankenkat-riders!

Comment

• Originally posted by slowgsxf600
            just seems like the 1127 and 1200 are hard to find and expensive.
            A little bit . But others seem to find them without TOO much trouble . I'm working on rebuilding my 771 engine right now , but want the B12 in the future . Hey , if you wanna look me up when you're ready to get your "punched" engine ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Silly question maybe, but what is the cutoff year for the 1127 motor. I'm looking at a '96 1100 motor right now.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackKat93
                Silly question maybe, but what is the cutoff year for the 1127 motor. I'm looking at a '96 1100 motor right now.....
                Checked again, it's actually a '94.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKat93
                  Silly question maybe, but what is the cutoff year for the 1127 motor. I'm looking at a '96 1100 motor right now.....
                  Checked again, it's actually a '94.
                  If it's a gsxr it's a water cooled motor not an 1127

Comment

• So what's the cutoff year for the 1127....... ?

Comment

So what's the cutoff year for the 1127....... ?
                      The GSXR1100 was an 1127 until 1992, the GSX1100F Katana used it until 93 in the states (possible 94, Mojoe would know for sure). Easiest way to identify it is post up a photo...oil cooled and water cooled are pretty easy to tell apart

Comment

• 89-92 the Gixxer 1100 engines were oil cooled. In 93, they went to liquid cooled. My understanding is with the liquid cooled engines, it will not bolt directly up to the frame like the Oil cooled ones due to the smaller head size, cooling lines, and mounting points.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

• This has been the most imformative thread ever!!! Now I need to find an 1127. Me and a buddy put one in an 89"GSXR. It was wicked fast man.
                          Keep right except to pass!
                          myspace.com/brianlmullins

Comment

• So far as I have been able to find out, the 1127 was put in the 1100 Katana up until 1996. However, the sites information was either incomplete or confusing, as I found no mention of a GSXR 1100 anywhere....

Comment

• Found the GSXR 1100 on another site, I guess the one I was in has rather incomplete data. However, one problem I can see right off the bat is that the 1127 is strapped to a 5 speed........ I suppose there's no way to get it to bolt up to the 600's gearbox?

Comment

• Um ,the gearbox is INSIDE the engine . You replace the WHOLE UNIT .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X