X

Pre kat frame sliders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre kat frame sliders?

Has anyone mounted frame sliders on a pre kat? Whats the difference between the 98+ and pre frames?
    My 1990 GSX 600 Street fighter Build

Don't exist anymore. Use the search.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Don't exist anymore. Use the search.
      The search showed just questions not any answers. Some people said you could if you cut the fairings and used 98+, which I have no fairings.

If the frames are the same I see why they couldn't work?

Comment

If you haven't any fairings use what you want. Clamp style or bolt threw.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

With No fairings, the frames are most likely close enough to use the post sliders on your pre.

The main issue with sliders on pre is the fairings are in the way. Unless you cut he fairings, it's really difficult to find/make/have sliders on a full fairing pre.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Seems like the clip on won't be that easy, I guess the 98+ frames are slimmer than the pre 98, so the clamps will have to be grinded down. Someone also said that the radiator mount is in the way?

At least that's what im reading on this thread.

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Comment

Working...
            X