Can the GSX650F beat the R6?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the GSX650F beat the R6?

From Motorcyclenews.com

"Suzuki's new GSX650F is a great all-rounder, temptingly cheap and has enough pizazz to make a fun, useable sports bike - but is it good enough to tempt an R6 owner to change bikes?"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHRfsy6-IMg[/youtube]
    2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
    Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
    2003 KX 125 (sold)

nice...someone actually going beyond performance hype

Comment

can't view You tube from work....What does he say about it?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

He basically says it's a great bike! For around town and "real life" riding it beats the R6. Obviously the R6 owns it on the track.. Great review!
        Last edited by Animal Chin; 12-11-2007, 12:24 PM. Reason: Wrote R1 instead of R6
        2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
        2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Chin View Post
          He basically says it's a great bike! For around town and "real life" riding it beats the R1. Obviously the R1 owns it on the track.. Great review!
          The R1 would destroy both of those bikes... but I'm sure you meant the r6 anyway..... It's great that they've actually started to support the 650f, but what they should do is a comparison between it's real competitors...

The Kawi ZZR600 or Ninja650
          The Yamaha R6s or 600r
          and Honda's new cb599 that's coming..

Though MCN is in England, I'm not sure if they get the R6s or the ZZR600...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I meant R6.. Sorry
            2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
            2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Ahh but in the real world which one gets you more girls??

Good vid Animal! Thanks for sharing.
              Last edited by Black_peter; 12-11-2007, 01:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

There's been a few reviews in Brit mags over the years about kats that have pretty much stated the same facts.
                Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post

Though MCN is in England, I'm not sure if they get the R6s or the ZZR600...
                  Yes

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                  There's been a few reviews in Brit mags over the years about kats that have pretty much stated the same facts.
                  and yes

Thanks for sharing
                  Last edited by grumpyoldgit; 12-11-2007, 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

not forgetting the f4i!

another realworld performance bike! .

Comment

650f> R6....

Hahahahahaha

And why did they not compare it to the regular FZ6, a bike thats meant to do the same thing. Everyone knows spot tourers are more comfortable and easier to ride. that was a pretty dumb test.

a comparo with the FZ6 wouldve shown some true colors.
                      Last edited by Jabara57; 12-11-2007, 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      2002 GSX-R750
                      2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Did and done....many years ago youngin'

Suzuki's Katana has a simple instrument cluster consisting of large, easy-to-read speedo, tach and fuel gauges.Yamaha's FZR shows its sportier edge with its tach and temp gauge separate from the speedo.Obviously, either value 600 will cost much less than top-level sporting machines, but how much bike are you getting for your budget buck?While both the FZR and Katana were competitive racers in the eighties, neither of them can hope to compete against modern 600s in any performance category.

Comment

You guys are missing the point of the comparison. They did not want to compare "apples to apples". The point was that you may want to put your ego in check and consider the less powerful and costly 650GSXF because it makes more sense for general street riding. The guy admitted that the YZF out performed the GSXF, but the GSXF was easier to ride in bad conditions and was more comfortable for everyday use.

Personally I think that the SS bikes have gone too far. Their crunched seating and knife edge handling just do not work on the street. I wish the manufacturers offered more sporty standards like the FZ6.

Comment

I didn't miss a thing....but then, I don't live in the real world, I'm in California!

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn View Post
                              You guys are missing the point of the comparison. They did not want to compare "apples to apples". The point was that you may want to put your ego in check and consider the less powerful and costly 650GSXF because it makes more sense for general street riding. The guy admitted that the YZF out performed the GSXF, but the GSXF was easier to ride in bad conditions and was more comfortable for everyday use.

Personally I think that the SS bikes have gone too far. Their crunched seating and knife edge handling just do not work on the street. I wish the manufacturers offered more sporty standards like the FZ6.

agreed on the superspoert models, but this is where the f4i comes in again
                              like the KAT it is .....
                              comfy (ish)
                              quick
                              yet forgiving.......an overlooked but very good, street bike!

Comment

Working...
                              X