X

Numb Hands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numb Hands?

Took another short trip today to get used to the bike, at around the 15 mile mark I noticed my hands start to get a little tingly. I wasn't wearing gloves, but what else might help? Do I need to adjust the handle bars? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Hold on Tight.......

numb

you need to use the search before posting in the future. i have seen this topic covered several times. there are alot of good answers waiting for you.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

thanks for your absolutely useless post. Next time, don't waste your braincells. Search Nazi.....

Had you given a solution and then stated might want to search nextime, it would have been worth posting, but posting just to say search is useless.. fool.

Search turned up change gloves, I didn't wear gloves......
      Hold on Tight.......

Comment

I would suggest wearing gloves and in the future use the search. Gloves cut down the vibration in your hands which helps cut down the tingly numbing sensation. Also you could do a valve adjustment and carb sync to possibly cut down on some of the vibrations. I would first start wearing gloves tho. Also there is no need for name calling here. All gear has a purpose if you don't want to wear the gear don't complain about it when you suffer from an ailment that could have been prevented by wearing such gear.
        '06 600 Katana
        http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
        Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
        Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

never stated I didn't want to wear gloves, was just curious if that was the root of the problem.... and I did search.
          Hold on Tight.......

Comment

First off, if you want to get more honest answers on this site, I suggest you respect everyone a little bit more and don't criticize everyone's answers.

With that out of the way, I might suggest changing the grips...the stock ones do not have very much cushion and you can buy a cheap set of gel grips that cut down on vibration. Hope this helps.
            1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead89
              thanks for your absolutely useless post. Next time, don't waste your braincells. Search Nazi.....

Had you given a solution and then stated might want to search nextime, it would have been worth posting, but posting just to say search is useless.. fool.

Search turned up change gloves, I didn't wear gloves......

No need for name calling. That is a quick way to get banned. Since you searched, which the mods highly encourage and you could not find anything you were looking for, adding that disclaimer will help you avoid getting reprimanded for not using the search by mods and other members who back up the mods on KR. Even long time members who ask questions usually put that blurb on there, ie, I searched and could not find.....

Some nice quality gloves will make a HUGE difference. Also, not having the kung foo grip will help as well. I am not saying you do, but I did and when I learned how to relax my grip, it helped. Also, does your Kat have the OEM bar ends? I ask because those heavy things actually help reduce vibration and lighter aftermarket ones will make that buzz much more irritating.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie
                First off, if you want to get more honest answers on this site, I suggest you respect everyone a little bit more and don't criticize everyone's answers.

With that out of the way, I might suggest changing the grips...the stock ones do not have very much cushion and you can buy a cheap set of gel grips that cut down on vibration. Hope this helps.
                I have absolutely no issue with constructive criticism, my point was if someone feels I didn't search or whatever, don't just post to post, leave some sort of solution and or idea as you did aussie, no point in cluddering someone's post with useless information just to post.

I will invest into some grips today or tomorrow, lets hope they make a difference!
                Hold on Tight.......

Comment

Also, when you get your gloves, I suggest first trying some on at the local shop because different brands fit different according to size. Make sure they are motorcycle gloves and offer good protection. I say this because some have gone out and bought mechanics gloves and stuff which are not meant for riding. I prefer the gauntlet style Joe Rocket gloves but I am sure many more will chime in on what they recommend.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

[/quote]No need for name calling. That is a quick way to get banned. Since you searched, which the mods highly encourage and you could not find anything you were looking for, adding that disclaimer will help you avoid getting reprimanded for not using the search by mods and other members who back up the mods on KR. Even long time members who ask questions usually put that blurb on there, ie, I searched and could not find.....

Some nice quality gloves will make a HUGE difference. Also, not having the kung foo grip will help as well. I am not saying you do, but I did and when I learned how to relax my grip, it helped. Also, does your Kat have the OEM bar ends? I ask because those heavy things actually help reduce vibration and lighter aftermarket ones will make that buzz much more irritating.[/quote]

Gloves will be in the mix too, the pair I have now are too thick and get the way so I'll find some new ones. I don't use the kung foo grip but could see how that would be uncomfortable and did see that covered when I searched the 1st time..
                    Hold on Tight.......

Comment

Hey moosehead, you have bar ends on your bike?

You can also look at products like the bar snakeor find a creative way to add weight to the bars.

Gel grips, gel gloves, all useful if you like that sort of thing....

Also, I have been here for a while.... actually a long while, and KP before here and to be honest I am a little tired with everyone shouting Search Search Search every time someone asks a question. And then to come back threatening a ban is BS.

How about everbody chill and count to 10.... I know the same 10 questions get asked all the time, its a message board. If you don't feel like answering a question - don't.

It takes no longer to say "get some gloves and gel grips" than it does to talk about the search feature.
                      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
                        Hey moosehead, you have bar ends on your bike?

You can also look at products like the bar snakeor find a creative way to add weight to the bars.

Gel grips, gel gloves, all useful if you like that sort of thing....

Also, I have been here for a while.... actually a long while, and KP before here and to be honest I am a little tired with everyone shouting Search Search Search every time someone asks a question. And then to come back threatening a ban is BS.

How about everbody chill and count to 10.... I know the same 10 questions get asked all the time, its a message board. If you don't feel like answering a question - don't.

It takes no longer to say "get some gloves and gel grips" than it does to talk about the search feature.
                        Paper, you took it out of context. People have and do get banned for name calling. I don't want to see that happen to anyone so I will warn someone before they go down that road. Use the search and you will see

I don't flame anyone for not using the search because we were all new at one time.

Now relax and count to 10

Comment

numb

sorry if you think its hard, and i understand whay everyone said, but it a fact that those that have been here forever will flame you for not searching. has happened to me. some of you said you searched and found nothing, i think even you katana soilder. i just hit search with " numb + hands " and came up with a couple handfuls of threads that cover this exactlly. including one that was started 5 days ago. should we all just ask and get an answer? everyone has their own opinion. personally i try to read all new posts. if no one uses search, and just starts a new thread eveytime, thatll be 100's a day. lets not even talk about the storage which might be a consern on someones mind somewhere. this is a free sight to us yes, but someone somewhere pays for that server space im sure.

again, sorry if you take it wrong. i think i worded it nicer than alot would have out of respect. i believe it is bp that has a tutorial for using the search here, it can be a bit tough to use at times. good reading and will save alot of time not waiting for an answer.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Re: numb

Originally posted by blazerzr2
                            sorry if you think its hard, and i understand whay everyone said, but it a fact that those that have been here forever will flame you for not searching. has happened to me. some of you said you searched and found nothing, i think even you katana soilder. i just hit search with " numb + hands " and came up with a couple handfuls of threads that cover this exactlly. including one that was started 5 days ago. should we all just ask and get an answer? everyone has their own opinion. personally i try to read all new posts. if no one uses search, and just starts a new thread eveytime, thatll be 100's a day. lets not even talk about the storage which might be a consern on someones mind somewhere. this is a free sight to us yes, but someone somewhere pays for that server space im sure.

again, sorry if you take it wrong. i think i worded it nicer than alot would have out of respect. i believe it is bp that has a tutorial for using the search here, it can be a bit tough to use at times. good reading and will save alot of time not waiting for an answer.
                            Blazer, no I did not say I searched and found nothing, it was hypothetical and I have posted about this same topic before if you review my threads so..........
                            I don't think you were harsh at all in saying to search. I just usually answer or post the thread where the info is while some choose to say use the search, use the search, use the search. I find the best way is to post the answer and suggest how to use the search button. It can save a lot of time and is a bit less harsh than flaming someone for merely asking a question. Different approaches I guess. I have seen some rather harsh ones telling new members to search but again, people choose their own approaches. Now if someone came in and started calling a new member offensive names in a non joking way just because they did not search first, I would be the first to jump in.

Comment

I don't care if people search or not. Often times, I can't find what I'm looking for either.

Anyway, I've had my hands get tingly as well. I try not to be so dependent upon them now, and use my legs to support me more.

I also flex and shake them out from time to time. This seems to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X