Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Rear integrated tail light for a 1990 GSX600F Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear integrated tail light for a 1990 GSX600F Katana?

I've been searching for one of these with integrated left and right turn signals but have so far come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Catstripes; 04-08-2014, 09:56 AM.

Originally posted by Catstripes View Post
    I've been searching for one of these with integrated left and right turn signals but have so far come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There isn't one designed specifically for your bike.

The Clear Alternatives brand integrated LED board for the busa or 03-06 model katana can easily be very slightly modified to fit in and work for the 88-97 Katana 600 tail lights.

See this thread on that happening...

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

I'm sure if the other brands out there use a LED board, then the same would be true for the mounting from those same moddels. The only thing you want to avoid is the integrated systems that are built into the reflective hub. That would be a problem to convert over.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You can get a trailer light and modify the signals into it very easily as I did.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        There isn't one designed specifically for your bike.

The Clear Alternatives brand integrated LED board for the busa or 03-06 model katana can easily be very slightly modified to fit in and work for the 88-97 Katana 600 tail lights.

See this thread on that happening...

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

I'm sure if the other brands out there use a LED board, then the same would be true for the mounting from those same moddels. The only thing you want to avoid is the integrated systems that are built into the reflective hub. That would be a problem to convert over.

Krey

Is this 03-06 the one? http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/t...led%20orig.htm

The slight modification you were talking about was the hole drilling right?

thanks
        Last edited by Catstripes; 10-26-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

the 2003 yamaha R1 light board will fit in the katana housing. its cheap too. I got mine for $20. the install required 2 screws n a lil patience

Last edited by maniac1886; 04-08-2014, 12:32 PM.
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by Catstripes View Post
            Is this 30-06 the one? http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/t...led%20orig.htm

The slight modification you were talking about was the hole drilling right?

thanks

That is the model.

The mod was to notch the holes on the board with a file, so it would slide onto the screw supports.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Holy crap, never noticed this, but does my back tire look way outta whack or what??

oh yeah, and if you go with LED blinkers, you will need a blinker flasher relay for LED lights. the oem one wont work
              Last edited by maniac1886; 04-08-2014, 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Can you put pic up showing me the relay I need to change???

Comment

Originally posted by 570katrider View Post
                  Can you put pic up showing me the relay I need to change???

Sure... Go to the Wiki, download the manual for your bike and it will show you right where it is...

Welcome to KR.
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

want to get it done and over with

I actually own the manual meant to ask what part number and brand for relay or where did you get it... ect...

Comment

LMGTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        That is the model.

The mod was to notch the holes on the board with a file, so it would slide onto the screw supports.

Krey

I purchased that unit. When I plug it in, the tail light works and the break light comes on when I brake , both the amber turn signals come on when the wires make contact but THEY DON'T FLASH. I wonder what the problem is. Any suggestions?

In the photo below you can see the led unit's solid yellow wire and its black and yellow wire set to the right side.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Catstripes; 11-02-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Did you change the turn signal flasher to an electronic type?
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                            Did you change the turn signal flasher to an electronic type?
                            No I've never changed it. It is the original oem.

Comment

That's why, not enough draw on the flasher. Replace it with an electronic flasher, problem solved.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X