X

Rain Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Gear

Ok I know lot of you use your Kat as daily drivers, so what do you use or suggest to have on the bike for does days the weather man has no clue?

thanks
    Manny

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
    >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

In the fall through spring I wear a Firstgear Rainier jacket and pair of HTII overpants - both keep me dry without having to stop to don a rainsuit. My gloves on the other hand get soaked - even with a liberal application of Nikwax waterproofing every few weeks. Guess it all depends on the individual - I prefer to not have to carry added gear for weather. If you prefer the protection leather affords you, then an oversuit to protect it is a must. I've gotten caught a few times in my leather, with no ill effects other than the added weight as it absorbs the water.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I have a Fieldsheer one piece rainsuit that I wrap around the rear grab handle by its strap. it's a little hard to put on but it's handy. also I have a pr of over mittens.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I have a cheap pair of Frog Togs. I can fit them under the seat. I pull them out when I get caught out in the rain. I don't take the bike if it's raining when I'm at home.

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
          I've gotten caught a few times in my leather, with no ill effects other than the added weight as it absorbs the water.
          i got caught in a huge rain storm last summer in my leather jacket and gloves. they were fine once they dried but i turned black and red from the dye in the leathers lmao.

i got a "rain rider ultra" rainsuit off a buddy at work and it works AWESOME! i rode threw a rainstorm for an hour and wasnt bothered at all. next will be a pair of over gloves cus wet hands suck!

my bike is my only vehical so i ride in rain often. i usually carry it in my backpack. but ive had a few times that i forgot it and got caught in the rain.
          Last edited by boomer_95; 02-24-2012, 08:47 PM.
          if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

I may have to upgrade this year. I bought a rain-suit at CT and it works well enough to keep you dry, but it's just not fitted properly. At hwy speeds it seems to flap too much. Thanks for the reminder.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I have a Cortech tail bag, with a Teknic 2 piece rain suit, when in question of weather. Also alpine dry star gloves (heavy for summer though).

The tail bag has a rain cover, the alpine gloves help to wipe the water off the visor and keep the hands dry. Regular (soaked) gloves I find smear the water on the visor making it harder to see and it sucks having wet hands. I also use raincoat which is like rain-x for plastic visors, it helps (don't use rain-x on your visor).

As far as the suit, there is alot of options in color, but I went with the super bright yellow. Does it match the bike? Nope. But it is bright, and more of a chance of being seen.

Comment

FWIW
                I have yet to try it (always had messed up visors) but a lot of people use pledge on their visors and windscreens. Works like Rain-X

Comment

I use the palm of my hand. Works great. Really.

For a rainsuit, I've got an ancient cor-tech one-piece and it's like a portable sauna. I've got to decide if I want to be wet with sweat or rain water. Usually I go with the rain water. It smells better.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

she wants to use the bike more of a daily driver and here in knoxville the weather man says its 90degrees and sunny and once your driving down the road it hurricane shows up.

do to the mountains the weather man never give us accurate weather report

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
                    >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                      I may have to upgrade this year. I bought a rain-suit at CT and it works well enough to keep you dry, but it's just not fitted properly. At hwy speeds it seems to flap too much. Thanks for the reminder.
                      for us Canadians if you watch the CT flyer for rain suits
                      the flyer usually shows the cheap stuff but when you go in the store the better stuff is on sale as well
                      I think I paid around 50 or $60 when it was 50% off for mine
                      Carry it in my saddle bags all the time JIK, no good if its at home
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I have a froggy toggs 2 piece rain suit and a pair of rain-off over gloves that I use.

On my Kat I would stuff the jacket up under the tail and jacket in the space by the battery. Sadly the VFR is lacking in under seat storage so I throw it all in my tank bag is the weather looks iffy.
                        Kyle

Comment

I have the Wetskins (medium) from CT...... good quality, and waterproof..... maybe all raingear flaps a bit at hwy speeds????? Do you find that with your's Kyle?
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                            I have the Wetskins (medium) from CT...... good quality, and waterproof..... maybe all raingear flaps a bit at hwy speeds????? Do you find that with your's Kyle?
                            mine flap a bit too, but thats also cus im tall and skinny, so everything i get will be the same. and i can put up with a bit of flapping in the wind if it means i stay perfectly dry
                            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Mine flap in the bicep area, so I went to Dollarama and bought a 2 pack of velcro straps that I cinch down the extra material with. The arms would flap so bad my mirrors were useless lol.
                              Kyle

Comment

Working...
                              X