X
X

Cleaning / Fixing Carburetors ... WRITE UP w/ Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After dealing with the stripped screws on my float bowls, I replaced them with some allen head screws from Home Depot. These are much easier to work with.
    Check this out!!!
    www.landspeed.com
    Just in case you want to see my ugly mug, go here:
    www.landspeed.com/images/060607tfi.jpg

Comment

I just did mine using this article. Instead of using a dremel put the phillips head in the screw and hit the top of the screwdriver handle with a mallet, itll loosen the screw right up (old school garage tip). Save the effort of stripping the screws.

I had a little trouble taking off and re-installing the carb, like the throttle and choke cables along with that sliding choke rail. Gotta run all the cable and tubing EXACTLY like it came off. Better to take close up pics of everything ahead of time just in case. My floats and everything wasnt near as dirty as yours. Mine had viturtually no dirt, but I used two cans of brake cleaner and 150psi air compressor then let everything dry.

Thanks for the write up! -noodlemice

Comment

aaaaaaaah yes! this is deffo gonna be usefull...very usefull nice one (im startin to enjoy this "use the search feature" concept)
        i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

i cleaned my carbs using your info...thank you so much the pictures really helped a lot, thanks to your info i turned a junker into a working ride...awesome! 8)

Comment

Working...
          X