X

Replacing oil pan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing oil pan

Finally did it, stripped the oil pan drain threads. There are a couple on ebay, does anyone know what would be compatible with a 1995 750 Kat? Part # is 11511-20C00.

This might be a dumb question. If I look up a part (ie. ronayers.com) for different model Kat and it has the same part number as my model, can I assume it will fit?

oh yeah, should probably get a fumoto too
    1995 Suzuki Katana GSX750F

Originally posted by 802er View Post
    oh yeah, should probably get a fumoto too
    Goes without saying now ......

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by jbo197 View Post
      Goes without saying now ......
      thanks for your valuable input.
      Last edited by 802er; 09-06-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

as for as i know any pan will fit thats what i understand from reading on the forum( any pre pan and some pf the post pans form my understanding)
        time to nut up or shut up
        Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I've got an oil pan that will fit if you want it...... I'll take a look in the morning and make sure it's still there, but if it is you can have it for, let's say, $25 shipped.

And if I could make a recommendation...... if you're going to replace the pan, you'll need a pan gasket to do it correctly. If you're going to buy a pan gasket, then why not spring for a Factory Pro shift kit while you're at it, and toss that in while you've got the pan off? It's a pretty easy job and it really does make the thing shift better (and helps preserve your 2nd gear by cutting down on potential missed-shifts). Just a thought. :
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            I've got an oil pan that will fit if you want it...... I'll take a look in the morning and make sure it's still there, but if it is you can have it for, let's say, $25 shipped.

And if I could make a recommendation...... if you're going to replace the pan, you'll need a pan gasket to do it correctly. If you're going to buy a pan gasket, then why not spring for a Factory Pro shift kit while you're at it, and toss that in while you've got the pan off? It's a pretty easy job and it really does make the thing shift better (and helps preserve your 2nd gear by cutting down on potential missed-shifts). Just a thought. :

Thanks, yeah I'll take it if you still have it. Good recommendation on the shift kit, I'll look into it.

Comment

if you dont have the money for that...i bought an oversized drain plug from auto zone (cant remember the size, but i got it off this site) and layed the bike over on an ottoman. bolted right in and havent seen a drop.
              Originally posted by Slofuze:
              Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Working...
              X