X

my rattlecan job..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my rattlecan job..

id like to thank sweetlou for his writeup..i got most of my painting tips from that as i havent painted much with spraypaint. i think its really not bad looking for my first time, and for the fact that its spraypaint. i wish it would shine a little more, but im satisfied with it at ~40$.

i had a guy that said hed paint it. i priced paint and could not get ahold of him hate people like that.

lemme know what you guys think
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

You'd get an extra 3 BHP if you did it black, but other than that it's looking pretty good for a spray can

Comment

Looks great!!! as for more shine, how about rattle can clear coat...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
        You'd get an extra 3 BHP if you did it black, but other than that it's looking pretty good for a spray can
        you seem to be forgetting the fact that yellow is actually +2 hp over black.....

figure id say what paints i used. did everything in rustoleum primer. the yellow was krylon "sun yellow". i was having problems with clear. i was using krylon clear and the paint was actually more shiny before the krylon. krylon clear made it dull for some reason. i switched to rustoleum clear after both fairings () and had to redo them both. after clearing i used meguiar's ultimate polish on it all.

anyone rattle canned before? i know the paint is supposed to "cure" but i ran out of time. the kat is my only means of transportation and i had work last night. i finished with all painting around 5pm and had to rush to put it back together. i stopped at speedway for gas and the tank lid made an indention into the paint..very light indention, but im afraid to even touch the fairings with my legs.

did i do something wrong? or does it just need to sit in the sun for awhile
        Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

So did you prime, paint, clear all in the same day?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggity View Post
            So did you prime, paint, clear all in the same day?
            i started saturday dissassembling and sanding, primered both fairings. sunday morning began my layers of color on the fairings with sanding/priming in between layers. i may have cleared one of the fairings sunday evening, along with color layers on the rest of the parts.
            monday afternoon was clear coating everything.

Comment

did u wetsand before the clear coat? that should make it shine. The more layers of clear coat you put on it the more it should shine. Looks great
              sigpic
              If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
                Hmmmm......... I thought Blue gave you the most HP/Torque gain? must have got some bad info.

BTW The yellow looks good, could maybe use some graphics or something.
                Richard
                96 Suzuki GSX750F
                89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                05 Yamaha WR450F
                05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Yea I wetsanded very lightly before clear. I was painting outside and a couple bugs decided to commit suicide and a couple of hairs found their way under the clearcoat somehow..

I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'm looking at decals on eBay. The paint is still real sensitive for some reason..at the bottom of the tank where you can't see when the seat is on, my seat pattern is all over the tank..the paint just seems mushy I guess. Idk. I figure this pain job will last me through the season and I can get a decent air compressor by this winter to play with

Comment

I just recently finished my rattle can job and my paint was dull with the clear too... However, you would be surprised what an orbital buffer/polisher, rubbing compound and polishing compound will do to your paint if you use it correctly. Seriously i got a ridiculous mirror shine on my tank so far and it brought my spirits up a lot seeing it today as i was sad my paint job didn't look that great at first.. but now its awesome... Ive read it in one of the threads and it says the paint job is only half of the work, the other half is the polish and buffing of the paint... You might want to look in to that if you really want that shine.

Nice Kat!
                    -Noe-
                    2000 Katana 750

Comment

Yellow=Fastest Color . (<--- period)

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Umm red is the fastest color. How do I know? Insurance companies tell me so.
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Red gives you the sex appeal.

Suzuki grape is by far the best looking....
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

red makes the ladies wet...
                            sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

Comment

::

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                              X