X

light scratches in windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light scratches in windscreen

I've seen that some of you are painting your screens. My windscreen has some minor scratches in it. It looks like the previous owner cleaned it with a SOS pad or something.

Can this be sanded and painted clear to hide the scratches?
    Would the windsheild still be transparent?

You could use plastic polish. Another trick is Pledge. My buddy uses it on the plastic windows in his Jeep. It takes some elbow grease but it will take out light scratches and hazing.

Comment

Honda polish worked/works well on my screen. Takes all the bugs and swirl marks off. Just be sure to use a clean soft cloth each time you clean it. You probably wont get them ALL out, but it'll improve the appearance by leaps and bounds depending on how bad ur screen is now.

Comment

Novus or Plexus (can't remember ) makes a plastic wax/cleaner system , too . Smear on the wax , let dry , buff it off , then clean . Supposedly takes out small scratches . But I don't think ANYTHING will cover up deep scratches but paint ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah kinda like that color rite wax they used to make..says it will cover up scratches, but all it did was color them the same as the car

Comment

if you are painting you windscreen a solid color, you could always use scratch fill primer to fill the cracks.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I know it's not for plastic, but I've used nevr-dull to remove haze or extremely light scratches from plastic. I mean extremely light, haha. Other than that I'll polish and wax the screen just like the rest of the bike, bling!
              '01 TL1000R

Comment

Depending on if u can do it yourself it could be an interesting way to go.. but getting just one bubble in the tint or if it starts to peel, then ur sunk.

Smoke windscreens can be had fairly inexpensively if u shop around.

Comment

And what about rock chips or a big bug hitting it ? I'd worry about the tint peeling off .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X