X

Triple tree is scracthed up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple tree is scracthed up

My triple tree and key switch is all scraped up from extra keys on my ring and acting like a virgin tryin to put the key in and missing. Does anyone know if a cover is sold for on 05. carbon fiber if possible. please let me know where 2 get it.

Just an idea.....you could re-paint the triple-tree with some kind of textured hammered-metal paint........such as those for tool boxes. Mine is REALLY scrratched up, I mean .......BAD.

I am thinking of doing this one over the winter......
    My sig is boring.

Comment

I had my triple tree painted to match my bike. It looks really well. Just put your extra keys on another key ring. That is what I had to do.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Yeah the fiber lyte covers are awesome...as is Jimmy's triple tree as well. But yes, definately keep all your spare keys under your seat or in a tank bag, I only keep my bike key on the key ring.

Comment

I don't even keep my Kat key on my key ring any more.
          I have a very soft leather fob.
          I used to use the "disconnect" type key ring but even that scratched it up. My 600 top tree I just added
          cleaned up real nice with 220 grit and the sander.
          I finished it with "aluminum" engine paint..
          I think it looks great!

Comment

That does look great BP.

Comment

Yeah I keep my key seperate from the rest of my keys, except a coin from a Buddhist Monk that blessed my bike (never been down!) :crossesfingers..

The previous owner had it blessed, which is realy weird since I'm not buddhist, but hey, whatever works right?

Comment

Everything ELSE on my bike is scratched up , why not the ignition area , too ?
                How about some spray bedliner ? That's supposed to be some tuff stuff .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Everything ELSE on my bike is scratched up , why not the ignition area , too ? Rolling Eyes
                  scratched up or not, she's still a good ole beast

Comment

Working...
                  X