No announcement yet.
X

katana 600-vs-katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like all of the great info and feedback but what is the meaning of a "pre" 600 or 750??
    My ride 2005 katana 750 metalic blue

my wifes 2002 katana 600 blue

Comment

1998 was when generations changed. "pre" is pre 98.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbutt21 View Post
        I like all of the great info and feedback but what is the meaning of a "pre" 600 or 750??
        98 was the year for a major model change. Prior to that the katana had basically remanied unchanged since it's '88 introduction. 98 and after it had basically remained unchanged till it's demise.

Why not just swap a 750 motor into your 600 frame. Many benifits to this.

Comment

not true, there were changes in 03 as well, not major enough changes to matter

Comment

Thanks for the pre kat lesson. my 600 is an 02 and I will be looking for a 2004-2006 750
            My ride 2005 katana 750 metalic blue

my wifes 2002 katana 600 blue

Comment

I wouldn't do that. A 98-02 Katana is better, in 03 they knew the Katana line was going out so they threw crap from other bikes at the Katana.

Comment

>02?

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                I wouldn't do that. A 98-02 Katana is better, in 03 they knew the Katana line was going out so they threw crap from other bikes at the Katana.
                So what kind of garbage did they add after 2002???

Comment

not true, there were changes in 03 as well, not major enough changes to matter
                  This is true. Shrewd thinking, dude. I applaud you.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

only thing I like about the 03+ models is the smoked headlights. other than that, I don't know what else they did to it...
                    02 Katana 600 R.I.P

Comment

umm...03-06 tail light is different also, not to mention the speedo isnt cable driven

Comment

If you wan't a HP increase, why not move up to the Bandit 1200? Good ergo's, still in the same class as the Kat, but you won't outgrow it near as fast if ever.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by JTstyle View Post
                          only thing I like about the 03+ models is the smoked headlights. other than that, I don't know what else they did to it...
                          the 03+ tail light is the "crap" they borrowed from the busa. The change in tail light was accompanied by a completely new tail, which was a redesign, not crap borrowed from other bikes. I would think if their plan in 03 was to limp out the rest of the bikes existence with borrowed crap, they wouldn't have bothered with redesigning the tail. Not to mention all of the changes they made in 03 are improvements IMHO.
                          Last edited by chinto; 07-29-2008, 08:22 AM.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

the flat rotors are another borrowed thing, thats a GSXR design.

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                            umm...03-06 tail light is different also, not to mention the speedo isnt cable driven
                            it's not a cable driven speedo from 98-02 either
                            Last edited by arsenic; 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

the flat rotors are another borrowed thing, thats a GSXR design.
                              what do you mean by flat rotors? I thought the 03-06 rotors were off-set as well

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

nope, they are flat, 98-02 are dished, 03-06 are flat.

Comment

Working...
                                X