X

bulbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulbs.

what sort of bulbs are used to backlight the clocks and how many are there.my display is dim and bulbs need replacing.wattage?.thanks.

DL the manual from the wiki and it will tell you exactly what bulbs you will need. If you want them brighter, leds would be your best bet.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

LED's in the instrument cluster can be hit or miss. The diffuser didn't work too well with the ones I tried, bright patches and the rest looked dull and muddy.

Also stay away from using a blue LED for your high-beam indicator. They are just too bright! I pulled all mine out and went back to filaments as they are just much easier to read at night.

Comment

I have full LED gauges and signals, you have to buy wide beam LEDs, not spot.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The ones I tried were advertised as wide angle. They were multiple SMT LED's on a filament type post. Cheap from ebay - think I paid $3 for them all. I really liked the defined colours they put out, just too uneven with my diffuser. Maybe I bought the wrong ones? Anyway - that was ages ago, sticking with my filaments until one blows, and I may try the LED route again.

Have to say though - the Kat dash lit up in bright amber looked absolutely great

Comment

You can check out my garage to see how the LEDs turned out. The only filament bulbs are the head lights, I did try the LED head light bulb, very expensive and didn't work worth a crap.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X